Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the recent release of the noise removal feature in Webex, we want to hear how YOU are using it! 

In less than 50 words, respond to this post sharing how the noise removal feature is helping you stay focused or saving you from any embarrassing moments. By responding to this post, you will be entered into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 headset! This post will stay active for the entire month of March. We will randomly select a winner and reach out to them directly in the first week of April. 

As a part of Webex's mission to make the meeting experience 10x better, the noise removal feature filters out any distracting noises with the click of a button. Using our advanced audio processing technology, your focus in a meeting won't be compromised by the harsh sound of garbage trucks, whistling air conditioners, or even your neighbor's blaring music. There are numerous occasions this feature can work for YOU.

WebexMeetings_RemoveBackgroundNoise.gif

If you haven't had the chance to use the noise removal feature, check out these links to help get you started and download the Quick Start Guide attached

Respond to this post and share how you are using the noise removal feature! Your response will enter you into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 Headset! 

431 Comments
KristaTopping26
Level 1
Level 1

Was very glad to share this new feature with my colleague who is a multi-tasking KING.  Which unfortunately means he is typing a lot during our webex meetings - kinda rude but he's getting stuff done   Now he can type away like crazy and it is not so distracting.

cat.jpg

alap84
Level 1
Level 1

If you are working in solutions and design teams where you have many intensive and detail meetings every day with different type of high profile customers, this feature is must and life saving.

This happens with me recently when my wife has to go out for some urgent matter and i have to be a baby sitter. I have an urgent meeting same time with our senior directors and customer higher management, using this feature i was able to safe myself as well as carry the company flag. Seriously i was shaking that some one will complain from customer side but by God grace, all went well and no one hear anything what was happening in my background. Only me n myself knows that horrible moment

Life saving and like a charm. 

davidhouska
Level 1
Level 1

We are now in complete lockdown with both schools and kindergarten being closed so having this amazing feature in place allows me to work from home, attend multiple online meetings a day without being interrupted by background noises coming from all the participant's homes like various sounds of kitchen equipment or naval battles taking place in the bathroom. Thank you for that it makes my life easier!

snrg3333
Level 1
Level 1
  •  
rtolentino
Level 1
Level 1

Since the lockdown happened almost a year ago, I've been working from home. This feature made my Webex meetings experience pleasant and prevented unintended distractions. My home office desk is located near the kitchen where there's plenty of traffic. This is perfect.

-Rod Tolentino

Removing background noise is perfect feature in order to stop audio to transferred to far end user during the call. You can avoid sending keyboard clicks, table taps and someone entering the room and door make noise. This is one of the unique feature Cico webex has.

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

I was a bit sceptical of the video's I had seen online that were demonstrating this feature as you couldn't see what they were really doing. Soon as it was enabled on our cluster I had to test it for myself and was blown away by how good it is. It's right at the top of my favourite Webex features as it can make such a difference to the experience for everyone in the call.

cless
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My home office is right against a main road, neighbours dog barks all day, kids screaming inside occasionally. The noise removal is really helpful when needing block out any unwanted noise. 

John Pell
Spotlight
Spotlight

Use of this has been great to supress noise from children, pets, crisp packets, door bells etc.

This option is Ah-mazing!! I share my home office with my spouse so sometimes even though he may not be on a call,the simple act of using his keyboard and shuffling notes and be distracting for me on my calls. I should say that this goes both ways!!   

Vonda.Reed
Level 1
Level 1

You haven't heard this one!  My husband and adult boys come in from the cattle barn during calving (February in South Dakota at minus 20 degrees) and are discussing heifers, bulls, afterbirth, udders, naval infections, equipment and all of the problems associated with all of that.  We also sell purebred cattle so it's sale season and he's constantly in his "salesman" voice on the phone with one of his customers.  While I DO love seeing more of what is happening on our farm, it's not always conducive to peaceful WebEx Meetings!  This feature has been great as all I have are some freebie headphones that I am usually NOT wearing!

daniel.gruber
Level 1
Level 1

This is an incredible Feature!
Not only in the time of the lockdown in the home office, it is helpful to keep all disturbing sounds out of a meeting. So I could cook for my daughter at lunchtime without it bothering anyone that the mixer was running.
Removing the background noise in this way raises the quality of Webex meetings to a whole different level. Everyone who hears this for the first time is stunned. This function is particularly helpful for us, with the room devices, because in some of our rooms there is a lot of ambient noise.

jshupick
Level 7
Level 7

I love showing off the Noise Removal!! I have a plastic bag just for the occasion! Then when I can show tell other people about it who are loud typers and other noises that disrupt the meetings. I LOVE THIS FEATURE!!!

RobinBerumen
Level 1
Level 1

Dogs?  What dogs? Love this feature!  Why is it not default!?  

tcanthonyii
Level 1
Level 1

Being back in the office and in a small room it gets loud.  This new feature helps me focus on the meeting without being distracted.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.