Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the recent release of the noise removal feature in Webex, we want to hear how YOU are using it! 

In less than 50 words, respond to this post sharing how the noise removal feature is helping you stay focused or saving you from any embarrassing moments. By responding to this post, you will be entered into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 headset! This post will stay active for the entire month of March. We will randomly select a winner and reach out to them directly in the first week of April. 

As a part of Webex's mission to make the meeting experience 10x better, the noise removal feature filters out any distracting noises with the click of a button. Using our advanced audio processing technology, your focus in a meeting won't be compromised by the harsh sound of garbage trucks, whistling air conditioners, or even your neighbor's blaring music. There are numerous occasions this feature can work for YOU.

WebexMeetings_RemoveBackgroundNoise.gif

If you haven't had the chance to use the noise removal feature, check out these links to help get you started and download the Quick Start Guide attached

Respond to this post and share how you are using the noise removal feature! Your response will enter you into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 Headset! 

431 Comments
ntherond
Level 1
Level 1

We re working together with my wife in the same room, most of the time in Online meeting,

The backgroung sound reduction is really  a great feature.

Even when the dog is barking it works!!

aparkers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Really helpful. Took a minute to figure it out, but very handy to keep the noises of the cat, dog, or home phone from interrupting my calls (at least letting the other people on the WebEx hear them).  However, I don't always remember to tell the other people on the WebEx session (non Cisco people) about the setting.   But sometimes hearing a dog, cat or child announce their presence does offer some levity to a meeting.

hok
Level 1
Level 1

Noise removal feature is great, definitely provides for a better meeting experience! Especially when I'm working remote and neighbors around are doing renovations and redeveloping! 

SC_Collab
Level 1
Level 1

We tested it out in the office and confirmed it removed noise like keyboard typing and desk/pen tapping

shmanika
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Noise cancellation can’t be more relevant. Since the pandemic, we all have been working from home. Noise from kids, pets, vacuum cleaners, and the list goes on... I believe in testing this myself. Watch my quick 2 min video and you will see the difference. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/shiv-manikandan_webex-workfromhome-homeofficesetup-activity-6724817188366114818-60yo/ 

Jonathan George
Level 4
Level 4

This is all about removing distraction from the meeting - in this "virtual/online" world we live in I have lost control on the environment in which I have my meetings. In the "old" days the meeting would be in person, in a purpose built meeting room. I didn't have to worry about seating, lighting or ambient noise because the physical surroundings took care of all that. The windows were double glazed the room air-conditioned, the door could be shut thus enabling the meeting participants to focus on the purpose of the meeting. Sure I can keep "my" noise out of the meeting by muting myself, but what happens when I want (or need to speak), I don't have aircon at home, what happens when it's hot and the window is open and my neighbour decides to cut the grass. Bottom line, we can no longer control the environment for the meeting, because the environment is wherever the attendees are joining the meeting from. Features such as this take care of that and keep distraction out of the meeting allowing people to stay focussed, engaged and productive.

jared.briggs
Level 1
Level 1

WebEx Noise Remove allows me as a loud typer to be silenced during meetings.

Judy.Benson
Level 1
Level 1

Since working from home I know when the garbage trucks and landscapers are here (or at my neighbors) and they are extremely loud.  Since the implementation of Background Noise Reduction, others in my meetings no longer hear the background noise and has definately been a huge improvement.  I send out Webex tips to my organization and made sure to point out this wonderful feature.  Thank you!

kelawren
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My husband and I have worked remotely for many years and have always had separate offices (he upstairs and me downstairs). When we built our new house, we actually decided to share an office in the new home....well, because we actually like working together! Even though we do have a separate "quiet" room, if needed, when we're both in meetings, we find that with me using 'Noise Removal' on my DeskPro, we don't ever need to use the quiet room. And he'll be the first to admit he's a strong (errr....loud?) talker. Best feature to happen to Webex since sliced bread

mattdray
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My wife is an opera singer practicing very often at the same time as my Webex meetings... I live on a joining road between Sutton and Wallington so all the blue light services pass by with the sirens + until recently I’ve had kids homeschooling coming into my office every 5mins to steel paper from my printer!!!! A bit of noise reduction on my Webex desktop device is a life saver!

Driveist2001
Level 1
Level 1

While on calls, via Webex Calling or Webex Meetings, I've had customers randomly ask for more information on the wireless headset I'm using because they are so impressed with the audio quality and of the the lack of background noise.  I make sure to show off not only the Cisco 561 but I also stress how great it works together with the whole Webex Suite.  The solution sells itself.

nathanaelb
Level 4
Level 4

Recently had a customer meeting where another phone kept ringing.  Turned the ringer down on it and then another phone would ring.  I felt bad and embarrassed.  I asked my coworker after the call how bad it had been.  He said he never heard anything.  I was amazed how well it worked! 

stephen.widjaja
Level 1
Level 1

Working from home is a challenge for me since i live on 30m2 apartment. Scream and cry from my 2 y.o daughter, television sound, and other outside sound like my neighborhood, machine sound from other tower makes harder time for me to do online meeting.

Since Webex released feature called remove background noise, i really like Webex than other platform because of the noise removal is best of the best for online meeting. It helps me during the online meeting since i often act as a speaker in my Event every month. Can't wait more surprise from Cisco Webex!

Thankyou Cisco for being a bridge!

dvishwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hush!!! Just by a click and our Meetings made more comfortable and relaxed.

Virtual Background and Noise removal feature, TWO great WebEx features for a convenient Work from Home.

“Changing the way, we work, live, play and learn

chethangowda
Level 1
Level 1

Indeed., Very nice feature that the Webex Engineering team added in recent days. Background noise removal is much required feature for webex users In India where nothing moves without horn honking.  Noise is just everywhere..here in India its quite high.. I liked virtual background feature too.

Continue to innovate and make the meeting more meaningful. In future, Work from Anywhere, Anytime .. WAA.. is inevitable option and similarly Webex Meeting/Teams is going to be inevitable from our life too.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.