Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the recent release of the noise removal feature in Webex, we want to hear how YOU are using it! 

In less than 50 words, respond to this post sharing how the noise removal feature is helping you stay focused or saving you from any embarrassing moments. By responding to this post, you will be entered into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 headset! This post will stay active for the entire month of March. We will randomly select a winner and reach out to them directly in the first week of April. 

As a part of Webex's mission to make the meeting experience 10x better, the noise removal feature filters out any distracting noises with the click of a button. Using our advanced audio processing technology, your focus in a meeting won't be compromised by the harsh sound of garbage trucks, whistling air conditioners, or even your neighbor's blaring music. There are numerous occasions this feature can work for YOU.

WebexMeetings_RemoveBackgroundNoise.gif

If you haven't had the chance to use the noise removal feature, check out these links to help get you started and download the Quick Start Guide attached

Respond to this post and share how you are using the noise removal feature! Your response will enter you into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 Headset! 

431 Comments
talha.shahzad
Level 1
Level 1

I work remotely from a house with three homebound kids. Sometimes, I am mortified by what my colleagues might hear in terms of background noise. Thankfully, Cisco's noise cancellation has saved me from many such embarrassments. I go like "Sorry for the background noise" and my colleagues respond "What background noise?"

krishan.sammi
Level 1
Level 1

wonderful feature...it makes a lot of difference in audio quality specially when you are calling from busy place.

schwartzk
Level 1
Level 1

Great feature! 

chady
Level 1
Level 1

A much needed feature!  Thank you for including this and looking forward to more features!

subeer5533
Level 1
Level 1

It's much-waited for the feature. It's helping me conducting meeting from a public place with 100 % confidence. 

mario.edmonds
Level 1
Level 1

I have a German Shepherd and a Yorkie at home that always decided to bark when I'm on a call. I keep my door closed to my office when I'm teleconferencing. Ever since I started using the noise cancellation feature, the background noise has been non-existence. Great feature!!!!

jeremy.ramos
Level 1
Level 1

As an educator, I had to host parent and student orientations for my high school and be a part of many other meetings.  This feature has been so helpful!  I do not have to worry about people in the meeting getting distracted with the neighbor's lawn mower, my baby's crying fits, the loud motorcycle passing, my dogs barking at the other dogs, or the combination of all of it at once. lol thanks!

kevinlomax
Level 1
Level 1

In our new Science building every room has a mini split Air Conditioner in the room. The Air Conditioners are mounted right below the grid near the ceiling. Well being in Mississippi, the air runs pretty much non-stop due to the heat in the summer so without the noise cancellation feature, remote students would constantly hear the air conditioners blow. This has proved to be a great addition to the already amazing Webex Roomkits that we have installed.

nlancha
Level 1
Level 1

Every day at 12:00 the siren of the fire station in my city rings. With this sound, dogs from around the neighborhood start to howl, including my Goldie. When I was unaware of the noise removal feature, I repeatedly felt ashamed of having to apologize to the people I was meeting with for hearing some rather strange and embarrassing sounds... THANK YOU webex noise removal!

mbgianoli
Level 1
Level 1

This is a great feature ... especially when one is working remotely (from home). Thanks for adding this to the WebEx tool and making it so easy to use.

hien34
Level 1
Level 1

Great stuff when the kids are at home!  Even when they're playing in the other room down the hall, my speakerphone will pick them up if they're being extra loud.  Not anymore!  No more shushing and the meeting goes on - everyone is happy!

ivailiev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Having the noise removal feature turned on with the combination of background replacement really makes working from home effective and easy. As i'm a father of a two year old boy, noise is something we have in our everyday life. People that have not reached this period of life get a bit nervous on meetings. Keep up the good work !  

vujcikmartin
Level 1
Level 1

I am teacher and use Webex for distance learning. Noise removal allows my students better hear my presentation. Its very good function for education in noisy environment.

Johannes Snyman
Level 1
Level 1
Two young daughters, who don't quite understand what a closed door means makes this feature a godsend.
vcteam
Level 1
Level 1

I was excited to use the new webex feature of noise removal. It really helps me during work from home by eliminating the children noise and really helps to concentrate on important points during the meetings and webinars. Thanks for the great innovation from Cisco.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.