Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the recent release of the noise removal feature in Webex, we want to hear how YOU are using it! 

In less than 50 words, respond to this post sharing how the noise removal feature is helping you stay focused or saving you from any embarrassing moments. By responding to this post, you will be entered into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 headset! This post will stay active for the entire month of March. We will randomly select a winner and reach out to them directly in the first week of April. 

As a part of Webex's mission to make the meeting experience 10x better, the noise removal feature filters out any distracting noises with the click of a button. Using our advanced audio processing technology, your focus in a meeting won't be compromised by the harsh sound of garbage trucks, whistling air conditioners, or even your neighbor's blaring music. There are numerous occasions this feature can work for YOU.

WebexMeetings_RemoveBackgroundNoise.gif

If you haven't had the chance to use the noise removal feature, check out these links to help get you started and download the Quick Start Guide attached

Respond to this post and share how you are using the noise removal feature! Your response will enter you into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 Headset! 

431 Comments
Patrick de Geus
Level 1
Level 1

This is a great feature!

With working at home i attend a lot of webex meetings.

This feature makes me hear and understand people a lot better!

JillSusan
Level 1
Level 1

I live in a noisy city with sirens and other noises constantly interfering with my webinars. These headphones would be greatly appreciated. I also love the tip you all just sent out abt changing the setting. That will help.

paigudep
Level 1
Level 1

It's a nice feature but it is a bit hidden to enable it. Can it be a more visible button so that it can be enabled or disabled easily. 

brice.ehmke
Level 1
Level 1

Seems as if every meeting I am in these days, includes doorbell, dog barking, kids asking questions, etc.  (and that does not include meetings from Home . . ha ha).

Very glad for the noise cancelling option.  Just need to ensure that everyone knows how to use it.

andregreen
Level 1
Level 1

The noise removal has been absolutely incredible.  I tend to peck pretty hard on the keyboard of my laptop which has been annoying to other callers.  With the noise removal turned on, other webex callers don't even know I'm typing now.

aplotnik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Noise removal feature is the only thing that allows me to stay focused while my neighbors have been renovating for six months now :')

I have worked from home for years as part of my job.  I have always had to manage my dogs when I was on conference calls.  The noise cancelling capabilities of Webex has made my conferences more productive because I can focus on the meeting and not managing the dogs.

jagtars
Level 1
Level 1

havn't used Webex for a while, but will deffinitely be using this. when you have 5 mebers of your family all working in one room and two of us go on a call at the same time, it can get confusing for the person on the end of both lines!

I have been blowing customer minds with this demo. Its easy to to see the value of this new capability. I've never met a customer that hasn't been impressed enough to re-evaluate their collaboration provider.

I sound better at home than I used to in the office. This is really a top notch feature.

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For those following this thread, make sure to attend the Webex Community event tomorrow. We will be joined by Chris Rowen, who is the former Babble Labs CEO and brought the noise removal feature to life.
feature.png
He will be discussing:

- History of the feature and how it became a part of Webex

- Why AI is essential in the context of audio processing technology

- Future enhancements of the feature as we look towards the hybrid workplace

- Demo of the feature and highlighting the future enhancements

regher.png

opher.bettan
Level 1
Level 1

This Noise Removal Feature works like a Charm! very efficient .
but beyond that , all the new Multimedia and Music Optimized feature sets sound really good too.

And for any user who did not yet fully understand:
you have to remember that Internet bandwidth and Quality devices (mics, Headsets, cam's, room light ... ) are a mandatory pre-requisite to allow the software to fully deliver the High Quality Sound that all of us want to hear during WebEx sessions .  

Friendly

fracjackmac
Level 1
Level 1

Wow!!  I was unaware of the new background noise cancellation feature until I stumbled upon this post!

This new feature allows me to filter out the squawks and chatter from my Blue Headed Pionus parrot.

My conference-mates have noticed the difference in our meetings, and I've now freed myself from constantly needing to man the mute button.

Thanks!

Even BUSY sign can't stop my colleagues. Only noise removal can!

studio-on-air.jpeg

derrick.clayton
Level 1
Level 1

The noise cancellation feature has worked great for me.  With 4 kids and 3 dogs in the house, at least one of them is never far away and making noise.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.