Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the recent release of the noise removal feature in Webex, we want to hear how YOU are using it! 

In less than 50 words, respond to this post sharing how the noise removal feature is helping you stay focused or saving you from any embarrassing moments. By responding to this post, you will be entered into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 headset! This post will stay active for the entire month of March. We will randomly select a winner and reach out to them directly in the first week of April. 

As a part of Webex's mission to make the meeting experience 10x better, the noise removal feature filters out any distracting noises with the click of a button. Using our advanced audio processing technology, your focus in a meeting won't be compromised by the harsh sound of garbage trucks, whistling air conditioners, or even your neighbor's blaring music. There are numerous occasions this feature can work for YOU.

WebexMeetings_RemoveBackgroundNoise.gif

If you haven't had the chance to use the noise removal feature, check out these links to help get you started and download the Quick Start Guide attached

Respond to this post and share how you are using the noise removal feature! Your response will enter you into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 Headset! 

431 Comments

The interesting thing is even if I am the only one in a webex meeting, I hear white/pink whatever noise, I guess it is a kind of a comfort noise - for me it is a bit too loud, so maybe after introducing the noise cancellation feature it would worth decreasing the volume of the comfort noise.

On the other hand, it is difficult to tell how well the cancellation works, because we can only count on participants subjective opinion.

By the way, I like it to be found in Webex.

Jaime MATEUS Gomes
Spotlight
Spotlight

The new noise reduction function allows me to work from home without worrying about muting my microphone at all times. My meetings have less distractions and make my day more productive. Cisco Webex, the bridge to the possible.

matthewbliss
Level 1
Level 1

My home office is next to the ac, furnace, and laundry room.  Noise removal on my desk pro knocks them right out.

lauvtoronto
Level 1
Level 1

Great feature especially working from home and all of the noise from the surrounding neighbourhood.  Never realized how much noise there is, here are a few practical examples:

-Vehicle noise from passing "Amazon" delivery trucks 

-Video conferencing and loud computer keyboard clicking noises from other family members

-neighbours turning on their lawnmowers and grass trimmers

When things return back to "normal", we'll test this against passing overhead planes.

Being a student in these hard times this feature has really helped in the online University classes. Living on a tight budget and cannot afford earphones every other day this feature really brings out the clean audio even in the worst earphones.

HadjiraHami
Level 1
Level 1

As working from home turned out that is much more difficult than it's seems especially with kids around during meetings , I found this Webex noise removal feature so helpful to filter the background noise so glad to use it 

rreeter
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot wait to start teaching this next semester! I would love to have a head mounted microphone for higher quality audio for lectures.

This is an amazing feature. When we do online coordination meetings with all the Regional Hospitals, Local Government Units, PNP, Military and all the other government agencies for the preparation of the arrival of covid19 vaccines here at PH, we had a hard time because some of the participants have their background noises, so when we got the email for the new feature of cisco which is the removal of background noise, we demo it to all the participants (50-100+) and they're all loving it. We now can't live without that feature anymore! When we start all the meetings, we make sure that the "remove background noise" settings is always enabled.

We host multiple technical sessions every month from home and the background noise of kids been a real problem. The background noise cancellation feature helped us focus on the live stream rather than telling everyone around to keep quiet for an hour. 

JessicaLim20825
Level 1
Level 1

Working on an Airport for Emergency Services there is constant noise from various aircrafts of ours and companies that share the run way.  Working in an open plan office there will always be chatter and noise even if I don't want to engage.  Having less distractions will give me space to focus on what needs to be done.  Giving me the headspace to focus on my own work which is challenging enough as it is.  Rather than having to expend energy in blocking out what is irrelevant to my duties.  

phillchannon
Level 1
Level 1

For someone that is WFH majority of the time in the noisy city (traffic/people/cars/sirens/etc), this is a massive game changer!

suparris
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

During working from home, even teenagers can be a disruption. Normally they are locked away in their room, but they do come out to eat.

My daughter set off our smoke detectors while trying to cook potstickers on the stove. Both my husband and I were on Webex meetings. After the initial panic of wondering if the house was actually on fire, we realized it was just a lot of smoke. The good news is because we both have noise reduction, no one on our calls new of the noise  - just the looks on our faces.

She has since gotten some cooking lessons.

Daniel.Peters
Level 1
Level 1

I work for a drilling company and the noise canceling has allowed us to meet without care of background sounds on the rig overpowering the rest of the users on the meeting.

All without the needing of 3rd party software or hardware to to reduce or attempt to remove the sounds of the large diesel generators, or other mechanical sounds that normally and easily overpower the audio for the users on the rig that joins via a headset.    

thorsten_brecht
Level 1
Level 1

The feature is very nice, during home office with childs in the room nearby. As well it is also a nice feature in the big office if I can get there, during this days sometimes.

Gaurav Singhal
Level 5
Level 5

This feature is very helpful for not only today's remote environment but also when we go back to the office. The system should prompt to enable the feature when it detects noise. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.