Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
aahawkin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My team and I are constantly changing our backgrounds to suit our needs. Whether I'm at a coffee shop and want to use a more professional office scene, my team wants to celebrate with baby backgrounds at a virtual baby shower, or I want to blur my background so my team can't see my roommates, virtual and blurred backgrounds are the way to go.

How do you and your team use virtual and blurred backgrounds during meetings?

We want to know what you love about virtual and blurred backgrounds and any tips you have for fellow users. In less than 100 words, comment below on how virtual or blurred backgrounds help you engage in meetings without worrying about a mess or privacy.

Once we get your response, we'll enter you into our giveaway for a chance to win a Cisco 730 headset. We'll keep this post active through the entire month of July and randomly select a giveaway winner the first week of August. Congratulations to Beverly Rodgers ( @rogersb ), June's winner!

More about virtual and blurred backgrounds

Reduce background distractions and maintain your personality by choosing from a set of built-in virtual backgrounds, your own image, or by simply blurring your background. Once you decide how you want your background to look, Webex will remember your selection for your next call or meeting.

virtual_backgrounds_in_webex.gif

To learn more:

41 Comments
p3sysnet
Level 1
Level 1

Is a great feature! I can truly express my own identity and customise it according to my preferences. For instance, I can add places I have been with by the way I miss travelling so much. Thanks to this WebEx feature, I can walk down memory Lane while maintaining privacy and expressing myself in meetings.

Francisco Zicre
Level 1
Level 1

I usually use the bridge of the USS Enterprise for backround. It's awesome!

I am part of internal IT team and we worked with our branding team to create professional backgrounds with our Company logo for Webex which our users use for their sessions with customers and partners. These backgrounds give a professional look during their sessions and they absolutely love it.

Love Backgrounds...they help me to set the mood for class. The chic classroom or my photos are my favorites. The sofa with the green forest behind is my choice for student's conference. When the connection slow down I have to be careful about using them or everything can crash!

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello everyone!

Our winner for this contents was randomly selected yesterday, and the winner is..... @cklink  Congratulations, we will be reaching out to you directly!

Mkpasala
Level 1
Level 1

As we know we are all working from home and when we are in a meeting with someone, if I don’t turn on custom background, if anything move in my background during the meeting not only disturb me and also whole people in meeting. Sometimes the virtual background change your mood and it will help you feel better. 

JoelRamos38084
Level 1
Level 1

In my case, when our team meets for testing or discussions where camera should be opened I use a pic of my office space since we are now working from home most of the time. If I'm meeting with a client/support case I use the more professionally produced backgrounds our Info Department has provided to keep it professional!

Out of the CISCO provided backgrounds I like the sunshades one and the one with a big room and tables, I like that depth and dimension. 

Matt_Wynd
Level 1
Level 1

We don't use Insights yet on our campus. Backgrounds end up being a great way for community members to share their pronouns through a quick photo edit to add that text into the corner of their applied background image file. 

Matt_Wynd
Level 1
Level 1

Pro tip:  Clean/straighten up your office and do a screen grab from your webcam while off-screen. Load it as a custom Webex background. Don't have time to clean your office before a meeting? Swap in that background photo

danigall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For fun, I waited until my boss stepped out of his home office, then I took a screenshot. For our next team meeting I made his home office my background. The other team members started figuring this out and they were stifling laughs waiting for the boss to do the same. This really lightened the mood and made for a great meeting. 

ymps63617
Level 1
Level 1

Best Nespresso Machine for Latte are the best investment because you will get your preferred coffee automatically at your home and you can save your hard-earned money by not visiting your favorite expensive cafe to get a cup of coffee for a hefty sum. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.