Replies

WebexOne: The premier digital collaboration conference

Mitchell Drysdale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

join_us_banner.png

December 8-9, 2020

The Magic of ‘We’

Join us for WebexOne, our premier digital collaboration conference, and enjoy two days of conversations with thought leaders, luminaries, celebrities, technology partners, and Cisco executives, plus over 30 customer and partner sessions. You’ll be the first to learn about Webex innovations that work together seamlessly whether you’re in the office, at home, or somewhere in between.

Webex brings people together to solve the tough problems, to innovate on the next best thing, to connect the unconnected. When we all come together with the right tools to collaborate, that’s when the magic happens, the magic of ‘we’.

webexone.com

Be sure to follow this thread for some important announcements as the event goes on! Respond to this post to join in on the conversation and share any thoughts, ideas, or questions you have about the event.

1 Accepted Solution

Jeetu Patel, SVP & GM
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Today is the day we've all been waiting for - WebexOne begins. I want to express how proud I am of our team. Our mission at Cisco is to power an inclusive future for all, and throughout the next two days, you will see how they are working every day to make sure that the 3B digital workers on the planet have an equal opportunity to participate in the global economy. We will share how we are making our mission come to life in making Webex experiences 10x better than in-person interactions. And when we meet in person, we'll focus on making those experiences 10x better as well.

These two days will be filled with incredible content, speakers, and even some magical moments sprinkled in. The sessions will be offered in three different broadcast channels for Seamless Collaboration, Customer Experience, and one dedicated to our partners - over the two days, we're offering 30 sessions! Check out the full agenda here.

Join us to witness the Magic of WebexOne. Be sure to respond to this post with any feedback or questions you have about any of the sessions.

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32

sampsxn
Level 1
Level 1

One more question I had from WebexOne...
Will there be any ECDN options available for on-prem distribution for such large events?

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What a day it has been already, I hope you all are enjoying today's sessions!

Check out this story that details the updates to the Webex and Workplace from Facebook partnership, which enables more engaging collaboration with deeper reach. See the new combined offer to enable this - https://www.adweek.com/media/cisco-further-integrates-webex-into-workplace-from-facebook/

There have been a number of further integration announcements during WebexOne. What integrations do you all use or see yourself using?

Response Signature

KyloRen090815
Level 1
Level 1

Who else thought thinks Webex Graph looks like a GAMECHANGER? webex graphs.jpeg

The visuals look clean, and it seems like it will provide some deep people, personal, and team insights Hopefully, it is as intuitive as it seems. Can't say I've seen anything else like it in the industry. Hoping to use this with my team. would love to hear how others may use it in the future?

embrenna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The all-new Webex is here! With that being said, our team has put together all the resources you need to get the most from Webex! Check out our post about Webex Essentials here - https://community.cisco.com/t5/announcements/say-hello-to-webex-essentials/m-p/4195209#M3

GavinAllen5499
Level 1
Level 1

Is there an updated Outlook plug-in for the All New Webex? Or should I still be running the old Webex Meetings client and plug-in in tandem for this?

Hi @GavinAllen5499 ,

Thanks for joining the conversation! Productivity Tools/O365 plugin will be functional whether you are running the existing Webex Meetings client or migrates to the new Webex app.

I'm not sure if you have looked into it before, but our team always recommends checking out our Hybrid Calendar Service, which give you the opportunity to schedule your meetings even without a plugin. You can learn more about it here - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collaboration/webex-hybrid-services/calendar-service.html

Hope this helps! Enjoy the second day of session today!

Response Signature

Thank you that's great. I'll approach our Collab lead about the Hybrid Calendar Service. Thanks again.

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

What an incredible first day, huge announcements and brilliant speakers. Roll on tomorrow

sampsxn
Level 1
Level 1

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 2.10.59 PM.png

Her voice is amazing! Great entertainment between the sessions.

So, if I am reading and hearing correct, Webex Teams is going through a name change to just Webex? Are there any resources to outline the changes it brings?

Hey Brian,

Good question! Yes, a name change is a part of it, but tons of features and integrations are starting the transition into a truly unified experience. Here's a few great resources to help understand the change:

• WebexOne blog series: feature breakdowns, along with links to all of the resources that helps build out the Webex name
  • The New Webex: what it is, how to use it, and how to make the move

Thanks for the response, this helps me better communicate the change to my team.

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 2.18.56 PM.jpg

Being a Broadway nerd, once again, I am loving this.

With all the talk about Webex and all the new functionalities being added, are there any price or plan changes coming we need to know about? Any special offers or bundles if someone wants to add calling?

@sampsxn Good question. The Flex Plan allows for customizable ordering and billing options to fit your model.

For all price and plan options, here's a few resources to help:

Hope this helps!

shalong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hope you all are enjoying the different sessions. In addition to the announcement made in the recent WebexOne session, @ktwong and I posted new announcements here on the Announcement board detailing the journey to the Webex App. Below are links to the posts:

Journey to Webex app from Jabber IM/P https://community.cisco.com/t5/announcements/journey-to-webex-app-from-jabber-im-p/m-p/4194736

Journey to Webex app for Webex Meetings - https://community.cisco.com/t5/announcements/journey-to-webex-app-for-webex-meetings/m-p/4194734

@shalong - I love that we have guided journeys to help everyone get to the new Webex. Whether you are an IT wizard setting up the technical configuration, or an adoption champion running the change management, or the executive communicating business value and measuring success - it's all there! Thank you to you and the whole team behind this mountain of resources!

Response Signature

Jeetu Patel, SVP & GM
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Today is the day we've all been waiting for - WebexOne begins. I want to express how proud I am of our team. Our mission at Cisco is to power an inclusive future for all, and throughout the next two days, you will see how they are working every day to make sure that the 3B digital workers on the planet have an equal opportunity to participate in the global economy. We will share how we are making our mission come to life in making Webex experiences 10x better than in-person interactions. And when we meet in person, we'll focus on making those experiences 10x better as well.

These two days will be filled with incredible content, speakers, and even some magical moments sprinkled in. The sessions will be offered in three different broadcast channels for Seamless Collaboration, Customer Experience, and one dedicated to our partners - over the two days, we're offering 30 sessions! Check out the full agenda here.

Join us to witness the Magic of WebexOne. Be sure to respond to this post with any feedback or questions you have about any of the sessions.

justrami
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There has been a HUGE focus on our 3rd party ecosystem of Webex integration partners and enabling developers. If you registered you can even browse our fantastic sponsors, dive in to watch videos or download content and even book time with them to learn more and get live demos. Make sure to take advantage of this! Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 10.04.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-08 at 10.05.36 AM.png

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Key note is giving so many drop the mic moments! 
Real time translations! Meeting templates mirroring the way people actually work! What are your faves so far?

Response Signature

it's neat to see the innovations that are coming to webex. my team should benefit greatly from the meeting templates, the roundtable one specifically. as a manager i like to go around and see what everyone has to say, but sometimes members of our team take the spotlight and forget to give others time to speak. this is a nice way to get more out of our meetings. hopefully we will see it soon. also interested to see what other templates are created and how the use of a timer can be spread out throughout the apps use and throughout the webex suite.

Great line up of people, personally' I'm really looking forward to hearing about the new collaboration announcement's and future changes that are going to be made in Webex.  

Mark Jones
T3 Training & Development Manager
East Kent Hospital University Foundation Trust (NHS)
Telephone: +44 (0) 1277 20 66 53
Mobile: +44 (0) 7970 548 664

Javed Khan, SVP/GM Collab
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello everyone! As you know, WebexOne, the premier digital collaboration conference, is right around the corner. And we want you to join us. We're thrilled to share new and exciting capabilities happening within Webex, discuss the future of collaboration, and highlight industry thought leaders, customers, partners, Cisco executives, and more. We are on a journey to create 10x better Webex experiences than in-person interactions.

To prepare you, here is a blog that includes everything you need to know about WebexOne - https://blogs.cisco.com/collaboration/everything-you-need-to-know-about-webexone

While attending WebexOne, keep the conversation going here in the community thread. Whether you want to share your thoughts or ask follow up questions from any of the sessions, this is the place to do that. We're excited for you to join us.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.