cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Events (NEW) - Share File from Practice Session with Attendees

KirstenM
Spotlight
Spotlight

In Webex Events (Classic), hosts could share a file (had to be a file, not screen) prior to going into a practice session and have that file (generally a powerpoint welcome slide) stay up for view by attendees EVEN after host/panelists went into the practice session.

When I first tested NEW events, I swear this was possible as long as you enabled the 'automatically start a practice session' setting when scheduling, but now I can't seem to make it work.

Does anyone know If this is possible and if so, how to do it?

1 Accepted Solution

Sunny Khandale
Spotlight
Spotlight

To answer your question, In the new Events you cannot show any slide/content to the attendees during a practice session. This feature is in the backlog and may come soon to new Events. As per Cisco Webex Events team it is called "Customize attendee welcome page" which is scheduled in WBS 41.8.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Is there any update to this feature being available?

It really looks unprofessional to have a window with someone's name and no 'Welcome' slide.  

Please advise.

Thank you.

Sunny Khandale
Spotlight
Spotlight

Very Good question though, but I am not aware of the same. Will try to ask the Cisco Events team about this. Thanks.

It would indeed be very interesting, commercially as well as for attendee attention, to have video as part of the attendee welcome screen.

We use the practice sessions not only at the start of an event but during the "coffee"break as well, being able to share video or presentations with audio or similar would be an extremely welcome option.

Sunny Khandale
Spotlight
Spotlight

To answer your question, In the new Events you cannot show any slide/content to the attendees during a practice session. This feature is in the backlog and may come soon to new Events. As per Cisco Webex Events team it is called "Customize attendee welcome page" which is scheduled in WBS 41.8.

any news/updates on this please?

we are on WBS 41.11 and still missing this feature... Marketing team desperately needs such functionality

thanks for a short feedback

@Sunny Khandale 

Do you know if this customized welcome page feature will include the ability to play a single slide or multiple slides, and do you know if it will allow video content?

Response Signature
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.