cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can you change the text of a practice session?

Florian_Soucek
Level 1
Level 1

Since no presentation can be displayed on tablets and smartphones during an practice session in Webex Events, the question arises whether the text " Practice session" can be changed to something else, e.g. "Currently there is a break, the event will be continued at 5 p.m....".
And additionally, whether a logo or graphic can be added?

1 Accepted Solution

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Florian - 

The text can't be changed.  What you can do is share a file that will show to attendees as they join and you and your panelist team are in the Practice Session. 

Do do this go to Share (top left) > File > browse for your PPT then double click.  if you want the slides to auto advance go to View > Automatically advance slides.  I usually have something like this: 

Slide 1 - Welcome to the session

Slide 2 - Today we cover _______ 

Slide 3 - please submit questions in Q&A

Slide 4 - Your presenters are ......

Slide 5 - We'll be starting at 8am PT

I am sure you get the idea.   This gives attendees something to look at while they wait.  Test it out and see how you like it!

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Clare Davis, Webex SME
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Florian - 

The text can't be changed.  What you can do is share a file that will show to attendees as they join and you and your panelist team are in the Practice Session. 

Do do this go to Share (top left) > File > browse for your PPT then double click.  if you want the slides to auto advance go to View > Automatically advance slides.  I usually have something like this: 

Slide 1 - Welcome to the session

Slide 2 - Today we cover _______ 

Slide 3 - please submit questions in Q&A

Slide 4 - Your presenters are ......

Slide 5 - We'll be starting at 8am PT

I am sure you get the idea.   This gives attendees something to look at while they wait.  Test it out and see how you like it!

Response Signature

Is there a timeline for when this will be available in WebEx Webinar? I use it frequently in (Classic) WebEx events. 

Hi Clare,

i tried to do that but apparently it does not work. 

I share the file, set it to advance automatically and the participants can view it, but as soon as I open the practice session, the shared power point disappears and is replaced by the standard text.

Any idea on what could be happening?

Thanks

Matteo

I did not know you could show more than one slide! Thank you for this. If you auto advance and get to the end will it go back to slide number one and start all over?

Response Signature
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.