cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio Connection options missing on iPad Webex app

MikeB02743
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to start using the Cisco Webex Meetings app on my iPad (iOS 13.2.3) but when starting or joining a meeting it only has two choices for Audio Connection: (1) Use internet for audio, (2) Don't connect Audio.  There are no options for Call In or, more importantly, Call Me.  I can do the same thing on my iPhone (iOS 13.2.3) and I have all 4 options for audio connections.  

Lacking these options renders the iPad app unusable to me.  Sure, I know the iPad doesn't have telephone connection capability but I'd still like to use the larger screen for viewing presentations and take the audio on my cell or conference phone.  Is this a "feature" of the app or is there something I can do to get these options back?

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies 3

mtabrez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There isn't a limitation to use all audio options joining from Mobile App iPhone or iPad unless it is disabled at site level that is applicable across all joining methods.

"The correct team of experts to help you are available by raising a case at support.webex.com. That said, once your issue is resolved, we'd love to hear if there was a fix that would work for our extended community. Come on back and let us know how you resolved this. thanks for being an active member of our Webex Community. "

Regards

Thanks for the response. While the opening screen on the iPad version
doesn't allow specifying an audio source other than what I mentioned, I did
stumble upon a solution. When first Starting or Joining a meeting (i.e.
the opening screen of the Webex Meetings app), if I start with "Don't
Connect Audio" as my choice I can later use the Telephone icon once the
meeting has actually started and it allows the "Call Me" option. Seems
peculiar the option isn't available on the opening screen, but I'm able to
effectively use the ipad app for hosting and joining meetings now.

Hi,

It is probably taking the setting that you may have set on the app settings>audio & video however you should be able change audio connection clicking on ellipsis from within the meeting even you were automatically connected to an audio type upon starting/joining a meeting.

Thank you for your feedback!

Regards

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.