Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't save Webex meeting invite to outlook calendar as host

MarkDunne3592
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

When I schedule a Webex as the host I get an email containing 2 .ics attachments. However when I open either of these I can't actually save them to my Outlook calendar. It tells me that as the host of the meeting I do not need to respond so I have no way of saving the event in my calendar. I need to create a completely different event through outlook and then copy paste the Webex invite into that event. 

I've also tried clicking the add to calendar icon on my meeting in the Webex website but I just get another .ics file and the same issue arises. I'm using Outlook 2016. 

Anyone know if there is a fix or if I'm doing something wrong? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

it sounds like you're not using productivity tools. With that, you schedule your meeting in Outlook and use the Webex options in the Outlook client to add Webex to the meeting, so you don't need to worry about emails with attachments, you just invite people like you would any other meeting. 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/c15vr2/Schedule-a-Meeting-in-Microsoft-Outlook-for-Windows

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jnms@ti.com
Level 4
Level 4

doesn't actually answer the question though...  This used to work without issues.  Why did it stop working.  I'm an org admin and we have users that schedule meetings through the web still...  

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

it sounds like you're not using productivity tools. With that, you schedule your meeting in Outlook and use the Webex options in the Outlook client to add Webex to the meeting, so you don't need to worry about emails with attachments, you just invite people like you would any other meeting. 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/c15vr2/Schedule-a-Meeting-in-Microsoft-Outlook-for-Windows

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I did not even know about that option. Definitely much better than using the website.
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.