cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to use two devices on cisco webex?

SalvatoreT3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to use a mobile device and a PC together in the same meeting? Basically I don't have a webcam, and I would like to use a tablet as a webcam, but at the same time I also need to share the PC screen.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

SiliconRichard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you will appear as two different participants. Create the event from your main account and send an invite to another email you can access from your device. You may have to use Lock Focus as the host to toggle the camera. You should only use one for audio as you will get echo for being on both at the same time.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, it is possible to join a same meeting from PC and mobile device. From mobile device, you can join as a host or attendee.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

SiliconRichard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you will appear as two different participants. Create the event from your main account and send an invite to another email you can access from your device. You may have to use Lock Focus as the host to toggle the camera. You should only use one for audio as you will get echo for being on both at the same time.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@SalvatoreT3 

I guess the following should work:

host the meeting with your main Device - the PC (?).

Then join your own meeting as a guest, using the tablet.
To be able to join as guest, you may need to log-off from your webex-account on the tablet-app.

don't forget to mute one of the devices or just simply join the audio only from one where your cam is on

@Stoyan Stoitsev 

Thanks, good input. I guess you wanted to target it to @SalvatoreT3 

Since he mentioned that he wants to use a tablet as webcam, I concluded that he is using a "Desktop-PC"
which usually lack a webcam and a microphone...
but your are right: better safe than sorry.

I will be a guest with both my PC and tablet.

@SalvatoreT3 
I see. It should be even easier then. 
If I was in that situation, I would try to use different guest-registrations:

Webex usually asks for a Name (to be able to display something useful in the Participants-List)
and an eMail-Address (in case all participants receive a recording etc.. after the meeting).
Perhaps use "Salvatore" und "Salvatore-Tablet" ?
just to avoid misunderstandings..

kind regards
Fritz

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.