cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Share from Cisco Webex Teams App to Cisco Webex Board

Anas Hafez
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Webex Board 55 Activated to User & Unable to share wirelessly from the webex teams app, so i wanted to know is there any cisco limitation when adding a device to a user and not to a place ?

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If a video endpoint is assigned to User-A, then User-B or any other user can not search and share wirelessly on that endpoint using their Webex Teams client. If a video endpoint is assigned to a Shared Place, then any user can search and share wirelessly using Webex Teams client.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks for your reply, that's exactly what happends but:
Is that a Cisco limitation ?, and why ?, is there any Cisco documents that confirm this behavior ?

Hi,

I am not able to find the documentation but this behavior is related to privacy and security of an end user. If the endpoint is assigned to a user, then you do not want anybody connecting to users personal endpoint. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I understand but i have noticed that User-A himself which the user the device is assigned to cannot share wireless on "his" device (the device assigned to his user), is that considered security as well, i even tried to enable the proximity feature from the device web administration but when it restarts it just goes back to disabled again.