cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Share from Cisco Webex Teams App to Cisco Webex Board

Anas Hafez
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Webex Board 55 Activated to User & Unable to share wirelessly from the webex teams app, so i wanted to know is there any cisco limitation when adding a device to a user and not to a place ?

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If a video endpoint is assigned to User-A, then User-B or any other user can not search and share wirelessly on that endpoint using their Webex Teams client. If a video endpoint is assigned to a Shared Place, then any user can search and share wirelessly using Webex Teams client.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks for your reply, that's exactly what happends but:
Is that a Cisco limitation ?, and why ?, is there any Cisco documents that confirm this behavior ?

Hi,

I am not able to find the documentation but this behavior is related to privacy and security of an end user. If the endpoint is assigned to a user, then you do not want anybody connecting to users personal endpoint. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I understand but i have noticed that User-A himself which the user the device is assigned to cannot share wireless on "his" device (the device assigned to his user), is that considered security as well, i even tried to enable the proximity feature from the device web administration but when it restarts it just goes back to disabled again.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.