Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Meetings call quality support

darren.rogers
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

for you webex users/admins out there, how do you deal with  intermittent reports of poor voice call quality, noise or static on random meetings. I use control hub troubleshooting tools but that does not really provide any useful info when/if the callers are all on PSTN. Do you open TAC cases on the conference ID or just pray that is will go away and never return . This is a bit frustrating as I am getting beat up a bit by management when this happens, and webex is getting a bad wrap within my Firm and we are in early adoption stages.

1 Reply 1

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What type of audio and PST connection(PRI, SIP, etc.) are you using. If CCA, I would open a request with telco, otherwise TAC.

Many times telco can find the call path and try rerouting over a different underlying carrier. Whether it helps or not, is a toss up.
You can also start looking at edge audio if you think you would be able to provide a better (internet based) connection.

I typically do not panic about a on off quality issue. However if its multiple separate meetings and occurrences, sounds like something telco and TAC would need to look at.