cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1131 ACCESS POINTS BOUNCING

Neville Price
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site with Lightweight 1131 access points, with 5508 WLC's in HA running Code 7.4.110.  In 2 areas of one site the access points are bouncing, I have attached the logs from one of the AP's at the site. The switch that the AP's are connected to is a WS-C3750-24P  SW VERSION: 12.2(55)SE1.  This has only happened in 2 areas on the site, and only 24 Access Points out of 335.   HELP!!!!!!

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have enough power on the switch to power up the AP's connected to that switch? Have you tried to move an AP from a good known location to that switch to see if it also has that issue? Maybe even take an AP from that location and locate that in a different location to see what happens.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott

I have 184.2 Watts remaining on the switch.  I have just come back from site having tried the following:

1. Took and AP from another site, this worked.

2. Bounced the Access Points to a controller still running 7.3.101.0 this also worked.

3. Bounced the Ap's back to their local controller, they went back to not functioning correctly.

We upgraded to Code 7.4.110 it was an,assured, tested version from Cisco, to fix other issues we had.  Any help would be welcome. 

Hello Neville,

Did you had any solution for this problem. we have the same issue with a customer and have 50 1131 access points disconnects from the 5508 controller when we unplug 1 3600 AP. the 50 access points failover to a 4404 controller and connect again to the 5508 controller because it is the configured primary controller.

if we unplug 1 3600 ap we see that the 50 access points sends 5 keepalive packets to the 5508 controller and get no response and the 50 1131 go's to the discovery state and find the 4404 as the next available controller.

We also have 2x 5508 controllers in HA with software 7.4.110.0.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your probably best off opening a TAC case. It already seems like you can replicate the issue and that's a good thing. TAC can be able to look into it faster. I don't have any clients on a mixed environment if 5508's and 4400's. Also I haven't seen any issues with pure 3600's and them going into a discovery. You are running HA to, so I would get TAC involved. Please reply to a fix or workaround if you find one or what TAC has to say.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card