Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1140 AP series vs 1260 AP series

Hi all,

What's the main technical differences among the 1140 AP series and the 1260 AP series?

I know that the 1260 supports external antennas while the 1140 supports internal antennas, but apart from that, is there any other important difference?

Do they offer difference performances in terms of TCP throughput?

Thanks,

Vin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not much difference at all except for what you already stated. Both are 802.11n, but the 1142 is made for office type environments and the 1262 is more rugged. Both have gigabit ports.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not much difference at all except for what you already stated. Both are 802.11n, but the 1142 is made for office type environments and the 1262 is more rugged. Both have gigabit ports.

-Scott

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thanks both.

I already read both the data sheets and since I didn't find any big difference I decided to open this discussion

Vin

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Actually there is a big difference. The 1260 is 200mw and the 1140 is only 100mw.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George.

The deployment will be in EU where max EIRP is 20dBm so, using the 1260 APs should not represent an advantage in terms of coverage. Am I right?

Thanks,

Vin

Unless they plan on using it for outdoor use, I would think that the TX power would be set to 17dbm or less depending if your running voice or if devices require a lower TX power setting.

-Scott

Since the EIRP in EU is 20dBm max, at least for the 2.4Ghz band I'm going to use 16dBm of Tx power.

In fact, for example, the integrated antenna of the Cisco 1140 series offer:

4 dBi gain in the 2.4Ghz band

3 dBi gain in the 5 Ghz band

Best,

Vin

Correct, if you are only going 16 then 23 is way over kill. But you asked, is there a difference. And wanted to mention the TX power, becuase its double the power.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George, you're completely right

So you don't see any other difference among those two models right?

You should be good. The 1260, as I recall has a harder outter case ..

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: