Views
Helpful
Replies

1552 access points

kennedymacharia
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have deployed a wireless network with a 5508 wireless lan controller with indoor and outdoor access points, the indoor ones are working fine but the 1552 outdoor ones are transmitting a very weak signal. when I check the advance features in the wlc. I see that the access point is operating in low power . when I try to add  a poe injector, the APs wont rejoin the controller. I have attached a screenshot.  What can I do to maximize the signal. Please help

4 Replies 4

What type of power injector did you use ?

This is the recommended power injector for this AP model

AIR-PWRINJ1500-2=

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1550-series/data_sheet_c78-719520.html

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

hi Manannalage,

thank you for you reply, Yes I am using AIR-PWRINJ1500-2=     power injector

sobhardw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1.To provide inline PoE, you must use the 1500 power injector (AIR-PWRINJ1500-2=).

Other power injectors, PoE switches, and 802.3af power sources cannot provide adequate power, which may cause the access point to malfunction and cause possible over-current conditions at the power source.

2. The 1500 power injector (AIR-PWRINJ1500-2=) must be used in an indoor environment only.

Note The PoE-out port is disabled when the access point is powered by the power injector.

Please refer to the below guide :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1550/quick/guide/ap1550qsg.html

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Power over Ethernet

When you power the access point over Ethernet, the access point does not supply 802.3af PoE to an Ethernet-attached device. When you use Power over Ethernet, use the power injector listed in Table 4.

Table 4.       Power Injector for Use with Power over Ethernet

Product ID

Description

AIR-PWRINJ1500-2=

1520/1550 Series Power Injector

Do not use any other power injector or switch for Power over Ethernet with the 1550 Series access points. The 1550 Series is approved for use only with the AIR-PWRINJ1500-2=. You must also specify the country type power cord for the power injector.

The AIR-PWRINJ1500-2= is for indoor use only. It has built-in surge protection, but you may also need to install a surge protector at the building entry point. Please check your local electrical regulations.

The 1550 Series access points use a standard RJ-45 Ethernet connector. Cisco does not provide an Ethernet cable for the 1550 Series. You will need to source an outdoor-rated, Category 5 or better Ethernet cable and shielded RJ-45 connectors from a local supplier. Liquid-tight adapters are provided with the access point to seal this cable entry point from weather.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1550-series/data_sheet_c78-719520.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card