cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1562I 5GHz power levels in Mobility Express

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I am configuring a 1562I as a Mobility Express AP and when I am configuring the 5GHz radio I noticed that when configured for channel 36 my power options are levels 1 through 5.  If I choose channel 157 the power level options are 1 through 7.

Does anyone know what these levels equate to in terms of dBm or mW?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

You have to refer below document highlighted. Pick right regulatory domain when you go through the spreadsheet

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/wireless/aironet-1560-series/products-installation-guides-list.html

1562-CH-TX.JPG

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thank you for the information but it still leaves some questions.  For example, I assume that since I am using an internal antenna model that this would count as a "Triple Antenna" model.  Then I would assume since I am not limiting any data rates that I should look at the HT/VHT20 table since I have the radio set for a single 20MHz channel.  If that is the case then for channel 36 on a -B unit the max power would appear be 14dBm.  If that is the case then power level 1 should be 14dBm and power level 5, the lowest option, should be 3dBm.  But if the integrated antenna model is considered a single antenna then the transmit power level could be as high as 16dBm.

The problem with the table is that if I am using HT/VHT20 in channel 157 my max power would appear to be 17dBm.  If that is the case and power level 1 is 17dBm, then what is power level 7?  By my calculation it would be -1dBm.  Is that right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card