cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1602i Access Management Web Gui in network

AGKTechguy
Level 1
Level 1

At this point the only way that I can access the web console ( to make changes or manage) is to plug directly into the AP.  I've tried plugging into the switch that the AP is connected, and tryied access the console via ip address, and get nothing.  Is there a way thay I can access the management console via the network.  These are standalone units without a WLC.

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The AP on an access vlan?  If on a trunk port, you need to make sure the AP management is on the native vlan. I don't see why you would have an issue if the AP is on vlan x on an access port and your laptop on the same vlan x.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It is on a Trunk port on the switch. .  I didn't know that you could assign the management to a different vlan.  Am I able to access the management via wireless, or must I be wired.

The AP management needs to be the native vlan. If not, then your never going to access the AP.

-Scott

-Scott

Thanks so much for your help.

Did that work for you?  Or are you still having issues connecting when in the network?

-Scott

-Scott

I had to leave, I am a volunteer at our Church and it is for them that I am doing this.  I've read the links which helped alot.  I'll let you know should there be any complications.  You've been very helpful, thanks again.

I won't be able to get there to do this until Saturday.

Cool.  Keep us posted.

-Scott

-Scott

You might want to reference this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/61936/autonomous-ap-and-bridge-basic-configuration-template

Hope this helps

-Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card