cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

1852i Mobility Express showing up as "OfficeExtend"

Hi folks!

Excuse any ignorance - I'm a newbie so this could be due to something obvious.

I'm trying to set up an Aironet 1852i using Mobility Express. The part number I ordered was AIR-AP1852I-E-K9C, where I believe the 'C' indicates the Mobility Express image is pre-loaded.

Following the getting started guides for both the access point and Mobility Express itself, I've arrived at an apparently unexpected place.

The steps I've taken:

• Hook the AP into my existing network
  • Connect wirelessly to the 'CiscoAirProvision' SSID
  • Complete the configuration wizard (see 'setup.png')
  • Wait for reboot
  • Try to log in to Mobility Express

This is where everything goes wrong... no SSID appears after the reboot, but I can access the AP over a wired connection (I pre-created a static IP mapping for the AP's MAC address on my router). Instead of seeing the Mobility Express login screen, I see an "OfficeExtend' one (see 'setup2.png'). I can log in using admin/admin (which isn't what I set in the wizard) but I see a completely different UI the illustration in the Mobility Express guide - see 'setup3.png' and 'setup4.png'. Note the mismatched SSID, and that neither radios are actually enabled.

Figuring this is the 'CAPWAP Lightweight AP Software' alluded to in the guide, I duly connected via the console port and followed the instructions. The first step is to identify which conversion steps are required, however when I run 'sh version' I get the following output:

cisco AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l) with 966404/662192K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID KWC202807A5
AP Running Image : 8.2.111.0
Primary Boot Image : 8.2.111.0
Backup Boot Image : 0.0.0.0
AP Image type : MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE
AP Configuration : MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE
2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
2 802.11 Radios
Radio FW version : 21e6bdcdd6b8c8a2e3830b2f6ddab9b5
NSS FW version : NSS.AK.1.0.c10-00017-E_custC-1

Base ethernet MAC Address : 18:8B:45:10:23:D0
Part Number : 0-0000-00
PCA Assembly Number : 074-13149-02
PCA Revision Number : 01
PCB Serial Number : KWC202807A5
Top Assembly Part Number : 000-00000-00
Top Assembly Serial Number : KWC202807A5
Top Revision Number : A0
Product/Model Number : AIR-AP1852I-E-K9

According to the guide, the presence of "AP Image Type: MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE" and "AP Configuration: MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE" indicates that no conversion is necessary for Mobility Express, and that I should simple reboot the AP to see the initial configuration wizard. Predictably I don't see the wizard after a reboot, since I've already completed it.

Any help would be fantastically welcome.

12 REPLIES 12
Beginner

Since 'setup4.png' indicates

Since 'setup4.png' indicates the SSID is 'AIR-1810a', and that the UI matches that of the 1810 AP, has my sample left the factory with the wrong software?

Beginner

So my supplier has replaced

So my supplier has replaced that AP with another K9C, but I'm getting exactly the same problem.

Is there really nobody that can help?

Hello,

Hello,

Have you found a solution? We have the same problem !

A 1832 Converted to mobility express after being connected to a controller in flexconnect mode.

Beginner

Hey Jean-Luc,

Hey Jean-Luc,

Yes I managed to get it working after upgrading the software, though I had to buy a Smart Net support contract first.

FYI To upgrade I executed ap-type mobility-express tftp://[...]/ap1g4.

Seb

Hello,

Hello,

we do the same, (via the web interface)

and it works now.

thanks

Jean-Luc

Beginner

Now that you are running

Now that you are running Mobility Express, if you login and go to Wireless Setting Access Points, and open the IP of the AP in a browser do you still get the Office Extend login page ?

Highlighted

No, Now it is wirking fully.

No, Now it is wirking fully.

Jean-Luc

Beginner

Yes! I don't understand this

Yes! I don't understand this either, especially since the login credentials are admin/admin.

Incidentally this only works if you connected to the AP via wifi - the OfficeExtend UI isn't available from wired clients.

Beginner

Hey Sebrichards,

Hey Sebrichards,

I've do the same, upgraded the image to the latest version too. But it comes with Office Extend login page. Mine is weird, authentication didn't show up when Login button is clicked. Nothing happen when it clicked.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Beginner

Re: Hey Sebrichards,

I am seeing this too.  Running the latest code.  Get the Office Extend login that doesn't do anything.  

I tried to load the ap3g3 software and ti just said the "Image upgrade not needed".

Beginner

FYI Cisco have recognised

FYI Cisco have recognised this as a bug, though don't have an ETA on the fix. The internal bug reference is CSCvc92070.

Beginner

Re: FYI Cisco have recognised

I also have very similar issues:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/getting-started-with-wireless/standalone-1832-doesn-t-show-ap/m-p/3203296#M93661

I'm running 8.4. already but can't get it to work.

Which Smart net contract would I need to buy to be able to download the newest 8.5. firmware?

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards