Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2.4 GHz Directional Antenna for Cisco 1524 AP

Does Cisco have a Directional antenna at 2.4 GHz for the outdoor aironet Cisco 1524 AP?

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Mohammed,

As per my knowledge:

1524 AP with 2.4 GHz , u can use :

AIR-ANT2410Y-R

Indoor/outdoor directional antenna for use with access points or bridges

Hope it helps.

Regards

Hello Sandeep,

The AIR-ANT2410 has a single N-Type connector, where as since the 1524 AP has the diversity option. is there a way we can use this antenna? Your input on this will be very helpful for me

Regards

HI Mohammed,

I never used this kind of anteena.You must ask this question with your supplier or any cisco hardware experet guys.

http://www.secureitstore.com/Aironet-Antennas-Accessories.asp

Regards

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a list of antennas for the 1520's

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1520/installation/guide/1520_ch1.html#wp1069566

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Cisco Aironet 1522 Lightweight Outdoor Mesh Access Point is a  dual-radio system with dual-band radios that are compliant with IEEE  802.11a (5-GHz) and 802.11b/g standards (2.4-GHz). Where service  providers have already invested in a broadband cable network, the Cisco  mesh can seamlessly extend network connectivity with the Cisco Aironet  1522CV access point, by connecting to its integrated cable modem  backhaul (DOCSIS 2.0). Designed for the most demanding environments, the  Cisco Aironet 1522HZ has been classified for hazardous locations (Class  1, Zone 2/Div 2) such as petroleum refineries and utility gas plants.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card