Views
Helpful
Replies

2500 WLC, attach AP?

mkoch
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

i was checking the documentation on the 2500 WLAN controller... it states "The Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports on the Cisco 2500 Series Wireless Controller will not support directly attached APs." ... if that is true, what are those PoE ports good for?????

i have a scenario with just two APs (for now) the 2500 would be perfect IF i could plug the APs directly into the WLC... any plans to support that? Or is just an error in the documentation?

Regards,

Michael

49 Replies 49

Yeah what Leo said:)

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It's a simple. First connect to the console witch wlc. and

(Cisco Controller) >transfer download datatype code

(Cisco Controller) >transfer download mode tftp

(Cisco Controller) >transfer download serverip 10.77.244.196

(Cisco Controller) >transfer download path .

(Cisco Controller) >transfer download filename filename.aes

for the referance page http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805f381f.shtml

Hi Zheka,

Can you please provide some guidance on how you got the AP to be assigned an IP address via Internal DHCP? I can't seem to get this to work.

Directly connected 2600 AP to 2504 WLC

AP is NOT assigned a static IP address

AireOS code version 8.2.x

Thanks much.

So, I don't know if any of y'all saw the 7.4.X release notes, but it now states directly connected APs are supported in Local-mode only now.

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If multiple Ethernet ports on a Cisco 2500 Series Wireless Controller are uplinked to an infrastructure switch, you should make sure data interfaces (management or dynamic interfaces) or AP-managers interfaces are configured for these uplinked physical ports. Physical Ethernet ports which are used as an uplink to an infra switch should not be left un-configured. This may result in unexpected behaviors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: