Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

2504 WLC - Reset and connection

I have purchased two refurbished 2504 WLCs.

Is there a duration or procedure of power cycling and pressing the reset button on the front panel of the 2504 that ensures complete factory reset?  I've been trying to do a reset (holding in after power up for about 10 seconds until ALM LED illuminates) but I don't know that is doing a full reset.

I've connected to port 2 with a cat5 cable connected directly to the NIC on a laptop.  I never get a DHCP address issued so I tried setting a fixed IP address to 192.168.1.100 / 255.255.255.0 GW 192.168.1.1.  On both units I don't get any responses to an http://192.168.1.1 in Firefox or IE.  No responses to ping either.  I tried the other physical ports on the 2504 but no difference.  Both 2504 units behave the same way.  Any recommendations to make a connection to the web GUI?

I ordered a NULL modem adapter to try as my normal serial port cable gets no response on the console connection using the console cable.  Maybe that will let me in?

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner

You should be able to access

You should be able to access the WLC using the console and usual serial configuration 9600 baud, 8 data bits, parity 0, Stop bits 1.

At console you can use the command reset system if you are able to get command prompt, otherwise you can type recover-config upon boot up when prompts for user name. 

User:  recover-config
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks.  Once the null modem

Thanks.  Once the null modem adapter comes I'll give that a try.  I was hoping the reset button would be more useful.

Nathan.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

August's Community Spotlight Awards