Views
Helpful
Replies

2702i Ethernet Interface resets

Chewbakka1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Lately i am starting to see resets of the ethernet interface on several of my access-points, all 2702i.

All of them have the exact same number of resets. I see no input/output errors on the switchports to which the access-points are connected.

What could be causing these resets?

The access-points are all running 15.3(3)JF9 in Flexconnect mode.

5 Replies 5

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Just to be sure, they run in standalone or with a WLC? I'm not entirely sure if standalone also offers Flexconnect.
If standalone, do they reboot? A show version should show since how long they are running.
If with WLC, do you see anything in the logfile at that time?

Hi,

The access-points are managed through a controller.

The access-points do not reload and have stayed connected to the controller for the duration that they have been up.

Nothing apparent in the logfile

Which software is running on the WLC?
How are the APs getting power? Typically, if they have an ethernet reset, they reboot.

The controller is running 8.5.140

We have several access-points where we can see the radio interface being reset for a variety of reasons, codes
10,27,56 and 46 .
Looking at the documenation code 27 is not used, and code 56 indicates that the ethernet link is down which makes no sense as we cannot see anything about the link going down in the switch.

I think that version contains a bug with CDP (although only cosmetically). You might want to try the newer 8.5.151.0, which fixes many other bugs.
Release notes: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn85mr5.html#resolved-caveats_85mr5
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card