cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3600 antenna configuration

KevinHowJones
Level 1
Level 1

I am wanting to connect a single high-gain directional antenna to a 3600.

I am having difficulty understanding antenna configuration for the 3600. I have searched this among many other guides:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/atnms-ap-8x/configuration/guide/cg-book/cg-chap6-radio.html

and while the guide pertains to 3600 among other devices, it gives detailed information for 3-antenna devices, but no details regarding 3600, other than what config settings are available.

The available settings are, {a-antenna | ab-antenna | abc-antenna | abcd-antenna}.

The biggest question is, which letter corresponds to which antenna connector on the device? eg, is antenna "a" upper-left, viewing from the top of the device, oriented with the Cisco logo right-side-up? And antenna "b"? Etc.

And am I to assume that choosing a-antenna means only a-antenna is operational, choosing ab-antenna means only ab-antenna are operational, etc?

Also, when choosing more than one antenna, are the operational antennas in what Cisco is calling here "diversity" mode, ie, only the antenna receiving the best signal is used? How does "spatial" mode come into this?

Also, is it possible to configure the 3600 to have the same signal present on all active antennas?

Thank you kindly.

1 Reply 1

KevinHowJones
Level 1
Level 1

Ah, sorry for the extra noise, my old eyes are failing me.  I see the antenna ports are subtly marked with the corresponding position code.

My other questions still remain....

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card