cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3702i and 3702e power

jason1hardin
Level 1
Level 1

We are going to be upgrading to 3702i and 3702e APs. Not all my switches are PoE and I need to know if there is any power adapters or injectors that come in the box with each AP? 

If not, can I buy JUST the ac/dc adapter or JUST the PoE Injector or do I need both? I know this is a noob question but I couldn't hardly find anything and I also chatted with a presales cisco person and he couldn't tell me the answer. 

It's confusing because from the sheets I've seen it seems like I need to buy the ac/dc adapter AND the PoE injector, like the adapter powers the injector and then the injector powers the AP. But then I saw an image of the AP and it has a small DC connector so then I assume I would only need the ac/dc adapter??

Thanks In Advance

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Not all my switches are PoE and I need to know if there is any power adapters or injectors that come in the box with each AP? 

Power injectors are optional purchases.

If not, can I buy JUST the ac/dc adapter or JUST the PoE Injector or do I need both?

You will need to get an AC/DC power brick which can provide 20.0w of power or an injector/mid-span power switch that can provide PoE of between 20.0w to 30.0w PoE.  If you are going to use 2700/3700 you really do not want to just power them up with 15.4w PoE.   Go HEREgo to Table 1 and look under "Power Draw".  

Cisco has a PWRINJ4 which can provide up 20.0w but if you go HERE you will go to the page of manufacturer of the Cisco branded PWRINJ4 and they have more varieties (such as 30.0 power injectors).

Don't forget to rate our useful posts.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card