Views
Helpful
Replies

4402 Factory Reset

lcaruso
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I'm trying to complete a factory reset on a WLC 4402.

Q: Is the 4402 factory reset procedure the same as the 5508:

>clear config

>reset system

Login as Recover-config

This 4402 has an old 9pin console port, so I've only been able to complete the first two items.

Does the service port have a default ip address and/or does it respond to dhcp servers?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, procedure is same for 4402.

No, Service port does not have any default IP address. You have to get console access to configure it via initial script.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses. Each time you rate a response Cisco will donate $1 to Kiva ****

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Yes, procedure is same for 4402.

No, Service port does not have any default IP address. You have to get console access to configure it via initial script.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses. Each time you rate a response Cisco will donate $1 to Kiva ****

Thanks. All that is needed is to wipe the previous config. Does completing the first two steps alone accomplish that or must one login as Recover-config?

Typically if you do not have login credentials (or password recovery), you would do "recover-config" as you can do this at login prompt (given that you do not know the password)

If you have done first two steps via SSH then you may not able to ssh again as your config was cleared. Try first two steps with console access & you should be prompted to initial script.

HTH

Rasika

The command clear config should be more than sufficient.

hi guys,

I've having major issues trying to pinout the console cable for the Cisco 4400 LAN controller, is there any stock standards connector or someone has the correct pinout for Cisco Console?

Here you go, it's the same for all Cisco devices (as far as I know):
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1240/installation/guide/1240hig5/124h_e.pdf
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card