cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5508 FUS

ciscogeek090
Level 1
Level 1

We recently received a couple of new 5508 WLC running 7.2.103 but the FUS is running 6.0.182. Is it possible to upgrade the FUS to 7.0.0 remotley? Looking at the FUS release notes, user intervention is no longer required, Is this possible?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes as long as you use 1.7.0.0. I have done it many times:) so far so good.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes as long as you use 1.7.0.0. I have done it many times:) so far so good.

-Scott

Thanks Scott, so this can just be run from the WLC GUI just like a normal upgrade?

Yes that is correct. Use the GUI to upload the FUS 1.7.0.0 and then reboot. It takes around 30-35 minutes before the wlc is functional, so make sure you don't panic:) I usually do a continuous ping so I know when the wlc comes back up. .

-Scott

Great I will give this a go.

Also is the FUS only appliciable to version 7.2.103.0? Is it still required if I upgrade to 7.2.110.0?

I would think it would still needs to be installed. You can always check by doing a show sysinfo an taking a look at the FPGA, Env and USB version.

(controller)>show sysinfo

Firmware Version................................. FPGA 1.3, Env 1.6, USB console 1.27

This indicates that the FPGA version is 1.3 (which is less than 1.7), so the FUS upgrade must be performed.

-Scott

Just finished applying this remotley our 4 5508s running 7.2.103.0 and it worked perfectly. Thank you

Firmware Version................................. FPGA 1.7, Env 1.8, USB console

There you go... it did take around 30 minutes or so correct?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Just fyi 7.2.103.0 has got a bug which screwed us big time in a production environment and we upgraded to 7.2.110.0

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2158202

cheers

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They all have bugs:)

Depending on the feature, what bug did you hit?

-Scott

it was CSCtx80961 Scott. nasty one! we upgraded and it happened the next day.

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card