cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5508 WLC going to the 11ac level, any issues running ver 7.6.120?

Mark Jensen
Level 1
Level 1

We do have 3850's to use. Do they have to be mobility members to the wireless system? or will the LAN base work for the connections?

3 Replies 3

jmeachum
Level 1
Level 1

The 3850 must have IP Base or IP Services to terminate Access Points in a Converged Access wireless network.  If you are running a non-converged access network then you can use your 3850 to connect access points to the network like you would any other switch.

You must also have RTU licenses for each AP you want to connect to your 3850/3650 switches.

7.6.120 is non-converged access code so I am assuming you want to do the latter.

John

No I want to be converged using the 5508 as mobility master, we plan on un stacking 1 3850 and going ip base on it add licenses to the wlc and go with the 3702 AP's. So I am looking for stable code to run them and the exsisting 3602's we already have in place now. We ordered up the modules to go 11ac with the 3600's too.

The AP licenses will still need to be added to the 3850 switches, not the 5508.  

With converged access i would go with the most current code.  There are sure to be many bug fixes and feature updates in each iteration of the code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card