cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6502i with 5508WLC Dual-Band question

Mat Barry
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased a few 6502i APs and have them connected to our 5508 WLC.   I have all of the bands available, WMM, and all the MCS rates supported.   For some reason, I'm not seeing the new APs listed under "Dual-Band Radios".    Is there something I'm missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is an AC module on a 3602i

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And your WLAN is configured to be either Open, or WPA2/AES only?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct.

Set to only WPA2 Policy and AES for Enc.

Using PSK with passthrough for the web policy.

Aaaaand totally misread this....

What country code are you using, and what type of 3502i?  meaning 3502-?- A,E, etc.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

I'm using 'A' code.

ok, so these are 3502i-A-k9.  What country code are you set for on the WLC?  US, MX etc?  and do you have more than one?

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

I'm using Only US.

Do I need to use USX?

no, -A is for US.  Are you sure they are 3502 and not 3501?  Where are you looking at the "Dual-Band" AP ?

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Wow.. I really wrote that wrong.   Was configuring a 6500 switch while typing.   They're 3602i and 3602e.  I'm sorry about that.

Ha! no worries.  Ok, so 3602i/e, running at least 7.2 (possibly 7.1....) to support them.

What version of code are you running specificaly?  And still, were are you seeing the Dual-Band thing.

Is it that you are not seeing the A radio in the list?

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

I"m running 7.4.100.0.

Under Monitor>radios>Dual-Band Radios, as well.

They show up under a/n and b/g/n, but obviously not under "dual-band" as one would expect.

I'm looking at the "dual-band radios" section under Monitor>Access Point Summary.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
For some reason, I'm not seeing the new APs listed under "Dual-Band Radios"

I've got some 3600 and they don't show up either.  It's a bug.

We're contemplating of rolling back to 7.3.X.

Is this an actual technical problem or more of a managment annoyance?

My orginization has 50 controllers to upgrade and we are considering this code version.

Wait a minute... first off, you do mean the 3602i right?  Well the Dual-Band Radios is only if your 3602 has the AC module, that module would show up there.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card