Views
Helpful
Replies

7.4.100.60 MR

MikeCoghlan
Level 4
Level 4

7.4.100.0 had many HA issues.   

Today I saw that 7.4.100.60 was release but the release notes point to an upcoming 7.4.110.x realease.

Does anyone have feedback on this Beta release.  I know it's been available from TAC for a while and was just released into the wild today.

Thanks in Advance

41 Replies 41

Awesome! Good info, thanks!

Just understand to that TAC will not support your WCS with WLC's running a code that's not on the matrix.  You can always spin up a VM and run a temp license for Prime if you want to review it also.  You can have both WCS and Prime running in parallel so no real harm to your wireless.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i would like to inform that version 7.4 is the latest release of WLC and there is no tentative date available till now for release for later versions.

Hope this will help you.

Hi Mike,

i want to ask you about software for Cisco WLAN Controller 5508. I have one of this and now i want to upgrade software from 7.3.xx to 7.4.xx or 7.5.xx.

Can you give me this software ? or link that i can download it ?

Thank's.

hi Antonius

you can dowload 5500 software from here, with your CCO user if you have any support contract for the WLC:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282600534&flowid=7012&softwareid=280926587&release=7.4.110.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

regards

Hi Javier,

thank you for your respons.

I already trying to access to that link, but when i click download they need contract number, bill to ID.

How can i get it that information request ?

Regards,

Anton.

hi

That would be pointing that your CCO user does not have a support contract tied to it.

you could contact TAC entitlement if you believe this is on error. You would need your device serial number to confirm it has  a valid support contract, so you can download newer code.

regards

Pekka Halonen
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if others have had same issues with 7.4.100.60 version wlc code but here a new "feature" found on it. We've got about 50 old 1130 AG accesspoints (AIR-LAP1131AG-E-K9) now some of them got totally lost with a power outtage we had lately. One site has 25 of these and 15 of them went stone cold.
After some serious testing of these blacked out AP:s I found out that there must be some serious code bugs with the PoE on these AP:s. Some of the 1130:s started to recover with just repluging  in them to PoE+ capable switch, some just woke up with a swap from Cisco Poe switch to HP ProCurve poe switch. Some did not respond to external power at all, in any circumstances nor did they respond to being plugged to HP or any Cisco PoE capable switch. They were plugged / unplugged for any time between 5 to 60+ minutes. Only thing that made these AP:s responsive was to get these plugged on to a 2960S poe+ capable switch.

Cisco Small business 8port switches got their interfaces into fault mode when these AP:s were connected. HP switches (two different models were tested on site) at times responded to these  AP:s with few seconds of LED blink, or no response at all.

Any case, all AP:s do seem to get back on line after just beeing plugged to PoE+ capable switch and there after beeing replugged to their place on standard PoE capable switch. Cisco 3560 IOS switch did make those AP:s to function properly, or it did not do any change to their stone cold status.
I would not be as unhappy with this as I am, if the Prime 1.3 would perform better but hey it is really browser picky piece of software. It was really disapointing to update from 7.1. WCS to Prime 1.3 as its functionality on daily tasks got so picky with the browser and actually at times it seems to be able to do things, and at times it says it did what it was supposed to do but hey, nothing happens and deeper in the log files you find SNMP errors with the task you just thought went along flawlessly. Say add a new VLAN to two separate WLC with prime, yes. it does it on both WLC:s. If you go to WLC to see if that VLAN is there, with the IP-address providen, yes it is there.
Then you move along and configure the WLAN interface to use these VLAN interfaces, and Prime tells you that the task to publish this set of WLAN settings is successfully added to task queue. Then you go and see if WLC:s have those WLANS defined and boom. no sign of them any where around. You check the task info (of publishing that wlan to wlc:s) on Prime and now it tells you Prime could not perform SNMP task to deliver those settings to WLC:s. Yippikayee.. And you do that few times again from scratch and in vain. Finally you, as an smart admin that you are, you just write those settings to WLC:s one at the time and there after you put the Prime back to work and you fetch the configuration from WLC:s to Prime and now you are back up to date with configurations.

I'm most certain this was way easier with the WCS. Too sad it does not support these 2600 and 1600 ap:s we have :/
Point of this post. Peeps, when upgrading from old environments, please skip this 1.3 prime and 7.4.100.60 wlc-version and get more robust software. We did this upgrade last summer, in a tight timeframe, and now it backfires.. Gotta do some upgrading again.

Message was edited by: Pekka Halonen Forgot 3560 series poe switch from the writeout..

I'm most certain this was way easier with the WCS. Too sad it does not support these 2600 and 1600 ap:s we have :/

Said who?

I have WCS version 7.0.235.0.  It is managing 4 pairs primary + 4 HA SSO WiSM-2, eight 5508 running 7.4.X to 7.6.X.  I also have 2600, 3600 and 3700 APs.  I can manage my controllers and APs using the WCS just fine.

So the 3700's show up on your WCS? I'm running PI 2.0 and the 3700's don't show up:) Maybe I should bring up my WCS:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Leo,

If you ever migrate to Prime, you should keep your WCS up just to see how long it can support the newer wireless code and AP's:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

So the 3700's show up on your WCS? I'm running PI 2.0 and the 3700's don't show up:) Maybe I should bring up my WCS:)

Yes.  Sending you a screenshot via WhatsApp. 

If you ever migrate to Prime, you should keep your WCS up just to see how long it can support the newer wireless code and AP's:)

We will keep that in mind.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card