Views
Helpful
Replies

7.4.100.60 MR

MikeCoghlan
Level 4
Level 4

7.4.100.0 had many HA issues.   

Today I saw that 7.4.100.60 was release but the release notes point to an upcoming 7.4.110.x realease.

Does anyone have feedback on this Beta release.  I know it's been available from TAC for a while and was just released into the wild today.

Thanks in Advance

41 Replies 41

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well if your looking to know if the beta is stable... I would have to say not really. To me, a stable release is a version in which in a few months, there are no types of HA issues. When a new release comes out, I would wait a few months and monitor the forum. If you see any post regarding HA in 7.x, then you will know if its something you should do or not.

My 2 cents

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yep...I am usually of that same mentality as well.

Problem I am having trouble digesting is that there does not appear to a version of code in which HA is stable so the HA 5508 appliance I bought sits idle....waiting.

Just looking for some logical next steps.

Thanks

Same here.  I'm keeping my hands off this "beta" until 7.5.X comes out in the next few weeks.

Not sure if they'll release another Major Rev (7.5.xx.x) just yet but I believe they'll be Rev'ing to 7.4.110.x

Either way I hope we get some stable HA code soon!!

Thanks

Well the 7.4.100.60 is the beta for the 7.4.110.x release, so I don't know how stable that will be with no plan for making changes in such a short time frame:)

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Mike - I have 4 HA WLC sitting idle since January, so I feel your pain.  I would just settle for enough stability to run 7.4 in N+1 mode for the time being.

I have moved many clients to N+1 on v7.4 with no issues. I don't think there will be any stable version anything soon. Some of my clients got rid of the HA WLC and got a WLC with licenses and totally went away from HA.

-Scott

Javier Contreras
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike

7.4.100.60 is a subset of the fixes coming on planned 7.4.110.0 (what we call internally 7.4MR1)

100.60  release has been in use over one month on more than 30 customers, and it addresses the most important fixes needed in the field from 7.4.100.0 release

The next manteniance release will address additional issues, with the objective of "hardening" the 7.4 release and HA in general.

Both are purely "bug fixing only" releases, with no features added.

Why it is posted as beta?

Basically because it is not the final  bug list we had for 7.4MR1, but there are some issues we evaluate as needed to be fixed in the field, on a short time frame, so this was posted until final image process is completed

Regards

Thanks Javier.

Do you know when 110 will be released? 

The next manteniance release will address additional issues, with the objective of "hardening" the 7.4 release and HA in general.

So 110 will be the "hardening" of 7.4 and bug fixes in HA?

Thanks Javier.... We have one client that was participating on the beta with you guys that ran into issues. Don't want to mention it here but we are working with Darren D and a few guys at the BU. maybe Darren can fill you in in the latest issue we ran into.

-Scott

hi Scott

yes, I am aware of that, I published the beta refresh for you and two others last night, and I am talking to Darren on the two issues reported, working on it

Regards

Javier,

Thanks... I will download that today and will work with my peer to see if the customer is willing to upgrade or not.

-Scott

hi leolaohoo

>Do you know when 110 will be released?

Curent time frame is June

>so 110 will be the "hardening" of 7.4 and bug fixes in HA?

yes, correct, that is the plan. HA quality improvements, and general 7.4 hardening.

regards

Ok. Thanks Javier. Looking forward to 7.5.X.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Nintendo App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card