Views
Helpful
Replies

802.11ac throughput

ctohang99
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

May I know how can the AIR-CAP3602I-A-K9 + AIR-RM3000AC-x-K9= provide the 1.3Gbps throughput?

I enabled the 80 MHz Channel Width from Wireless Controller already, my maximum connection speed still 875Mbps with my Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon, the WLAN adaptor is Intel 7260-AC.

Equipment info:

WLC:

Cisco Wireless Controller 2504

Software Version: 7.6.120.0

AP:

AIR-CAP3602I-A-K9

Software Version: 7.6.120.0

Many Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aprod_y22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think the Intel 7260 card is only 2 spatial streams so 876 is the maximum, you would need 3 steams to get the full 1.3.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is your AP directly-connected to the 3650 or 3850 switch?

No, AP connected with 2960S (No POE), the power source is AIR-PWRINJ4= instead of POE switch.

I think you'll find it difficult to push 1.3 Gbps worth of traffic down a 1 Gbps pipe.  

This is why Cisco's wireless solution for implementing 802.11ac, wave 1 is a very, very expensive solution.  This is because the solution requires that the 802.11ac, wave 1 APs are to be directly connected to the 3650/3850 switches and no other.  

aprod_y22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think the Intel 7260 card is only 2 spatial streams so 876 is the maximum, you would need 3 steams to get the full 1.3.

I agree with aprod.  You will never get more the 876Mbps connected data rate with that client.

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-brief.pdf

John

There are other adapters out there that are 3x3 in which I have tested also. It really depends on the driver to be honest. Even on a 3x3, the card connection speed shows the same as your and that is max I have ever seen. Now the actual througout is a different story.  What your connected at doesn't mean that your throughput is that great. Yeah it's better than 802.11n, but you really need a clean environment and you also have to be close enough to achieve the high rates of AC. Here is a list of AC products for reference:

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/List_of_802.11ac_Hardware

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ctohang99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I checked with Intel website, confirmed the reason with 876M (7260 2x2)

Many Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card