Helpful
Replies

8500 Can ping gateway from GUI but no CLI

craiglebutt
Level 4
Level 4

Using 8510 with 8.0.121

Have 4 interface not working.

When I ping the gateway this responds on the gui, but from CLI on wlc it doesn't.

All the other interface are working correctly, just these for.

I have removed them from Distribution and re-added, we added back to trunk port and tried to ping again but with the same response.

So these Interfaces are in a Interface Group, all the others are working fin.

8 Replies 8

Hi @craiglebutt

When we execute a ping command this request goes all the way down to the OSI model until reach the physical layer. This should be true don't matter you are using web or ssh.

What I mean is don't make sense as far as I understand be able to ping from web and not from cli on the same device.

Also, as far as I know 8510 has 2 10Gbps ports and one 100/1000 IMM port.

I don't follow you when you say 4 ports not working.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi

The interface I'm referring to are the interface settings for under Controller - Interface, not the physical 10Gb ports.

I have several interface groups on the WLC.

All except 4 I can ping the gateway from the CLI, but on the GUI I can ping the gateway for all.

Not sure if there is a bug.

Got it now. Yeah can be a bug. Maybe an upgrade could help.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Craig, 

Can you try upgrading the firmware and try again?

This version reminds me of CSCuu42396 which I had a horrible time finding out how many APs have stopped working.

Hi, I was upgrading 2 weeks ago, upgraded our first HA pair, but 8.0.140 has killed our mobility anchors to external company's. Have a TAC call open, but it is going on a while to fix. So can't upgrade the others till we have a fix for this one.

Cheers

Hi

As for CSCuu42396 been seeing something similar but on 1240's.  I've shut the power down on port to reboot, but doesn't come back up.

Only thing can think of is change the option 43 in DHCP and see if get the AP to go to a upgraded 5500 or something, just to confirm.

cheers

DHCP Option 43 won't make any difference.
The issue is the radio firmware gets corrupted. Once this happens, the AP would disconnect itself from the controller because the radio would report sport a Regulatory Domain of a <NULL> value.
If you have PI, this AP won't even appear in PI logs as being disconnected from the controller.

HI

Bit of an update on this, been a while, the issue seems something to do with the VSS on 6800 not passing the VLAN through, so not a wireless issue.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card