Views
Helpful
Replies

8500 WLC Static IP Issue

_Chris_
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I had a few printers yesterday that were showing up in the WLC without an IP address (0.0.0.0). These printers are being configured with static IP's. I looked up my "symptom" and read about unchecking the DHCP Addr. Assignment in the advanced tab of a WLAN. So I went and did that. After this some printers were able to print but now I have about 4 printers that still show 0.0.0.0. Not sure what else to do since unchecking that box seemed to fix the problem for the majority of the people that have already posted about it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Did you try to disconnect & reconnect those clients ?

You can use "config client deauthenticate <mac_addr>" or GUI (Monitor -> Client -> select client & remove)

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Did you try to disconnect & reconnect those clients ?

You can use "config client deauthenticate <mac_addr>" or GUI (Monitor -> Client -> select client & remove)

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

I appreciate the response Rasika.

After I remove the client (through GUI) will I need manually re-enter the static IP address on the printer? The printer is in another building... Just want to make sure if I need to plan to make a trip to this device.

Hi Chris,

No, you do not want to manually add client. It should connect to wireless using static IP.

HTH

Rasika

Thank you, your suggestion resolved my issue.

Good to hear that Chris.

Thanks for rating as well.

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: