cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8832 Wireless speaker phone config help

Peter010101
Level 1
Level 1

I registered 8832 wireless speaker phones to the call manager via a wired connection. I want to set them up to use wireless.

I added the voice vlan to the trunks going to the WLC  I configured the calkmanager wireless profile and created a new ssid for voice. I get network busy when I try to place a call. 

Do I need to trust the trunks to the WLC and all the access points? 

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

some items to check:

if you login ino the WLC, do you see the wireless phone associated?

does it have an ip-address in the voice vlan?

is the access point in local or flexconnect mode ?

(that is where does the voice data comes into the LAN ? at the WLC or at the AP/switch port)

is the phone registered at the call manager ?

NB!  the device may use a different MAC address for registration wired vs wireless!

if you login ino the WLC, do you see the wireless phone associated? > yes

does it have an ip-address in the voice vlan? > yes 

is the access point in local or flexconnect mode ?> local

(that is where does the voice data comes into the LAN ? at the WLC or at the AP/switch port)

is the phone registered at the call manager ? > no, even though the wireless mac address is in the call manager

NB!  the device may use a different MAC address for registration wired vs wireless!> the wlc shows a completely different mac address then the wired and wireless mac address on the back of the phone. Which I also added to the call manager. 

open the phone information screen

Step1 PressSettings.

Step2 SelectSysteminformation.

look for information what the phone will use for registration at the call manager

and look in the logs of the call manager if/what device is rejected 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card