Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point Basic Configuration

ansarjavaid54
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys.

Am new to wireless and searched about basic configuration for the 1602 standalone. I have to configure about 10 WAP's 1602 with two SSID's.

I have two vlan's configured on my switch.

My questions are.

1. What will be the configuration on the switch-port as it has to broadcast two SSID (VLAN's 10,20). Trunk or access.

2. I have configured Vlan's on Access-point and mapped them to SSID but am not getting any option for Preshare authentication for clients.

there is option though but not for clear text..

Any immediate help will be appreciated.

Regards. 

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Autonomous AP's need to be connected to a trunk port.  The native vlan needs to be the vlan the AP management interface is on.  As far as SSID encryption, take a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/116599-config-wpa-psk-00.html

Make sure you only use one type. I would configure WPA2/AES only.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

Here is another link that might help:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/61936/autonomous-ap-and-bridge-basic-configuration-template

You will be able to find many links and videos on autonomous AP configuration also which might be easier to follow. 

-Scott 

-Scott

hypnotoad
Level 3
Level 3

Scott is correct that you need to use trunk ports for your WAPs.

Why are you not using a controller?  10 WAPs do not make a big network but I would recommend looking at at a small controller to support this.  There us a virtual controller that is pretty cheap.

--Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card