Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access point Platform renew recomendations

Hi Guys,

Our company is going to renew the whole wireless platform, we have 1242 for all the places, I know the renewal part for this is 1600, but I would like 2600, please let me know your comments about it, this is for offices and warehouses.

Regards,
Alberto Badilla

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1600 supports CleanAir Express and the rest, like 2600/2700, 3500/3600/3500, supports CleanAir. 

The different between CleanAir Express and CleanAir is "who" performs the CleanAir function.  CleanAir Express is performed by the AP CPU while CleanAir is performed by a dedicated CleanAir chip.  If you know what you are doing, then you benefit CleanAir to be done by a dedicated chip.  This holds true when you've got wireless interference around you.  

At the end of the day, you know how much your budget is so you'll get to decide what to do.  Personally, I'd stay away from deploying 1600.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1600 supports CleanAir Express and the rest, like 2600/2700, 3500/3600/3500, supports CleanAir. 

The different between CleanAir Express and CleanAir is "who" performs the CleanAir function.  CleanAir Express is performed by the AP CPU while CleanAir is performed by a dedicated CleanAir chip.  If you know what you are doing, then you benefit CleanAir to be done by a dedicated chip.  This holds true when you've got wireless interference around you.  

At the end of the day, you know how much your budget is so you'll get to decide what to do.  Personally, I'd stay away from deploying 1600.

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

I have agree with Leo; If you are in a space where there is a lot interference (or to be expected) I would go with the "real CleanAir" AP's.

If you are able to upgrade/run to the newer code versions (7.6.x and higher), I would recommend the 2700's instead of the 2600's. At this moment the 2700 is even cheaper than the 2600 :-)

sobhardw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer to the below link for the comparison :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/buyers-guide.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card