Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point POP authentication

Eduardo Lara
Level 1
Level 1

Here everyone,

I would like to know if is possible to authenticate Access Point users by using their GMAIL accounts?.

I guess Google could provide some kind of Radius authentication using POP3 service  or maybe, some third party Radius server could support POP3 authentication through  Gmail accounts.

Thanks a lot in advance

3 Replies 3

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

POP3 is not auth protocol, right? There would be an auth mechanism that pop3 uses. If there is a radius server can be configured to authenticate to google account then it will be possible, but i am not aware about any radius server that does that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Did you ever figure this out?  We use google apps for education email account for students and would like to authenticate wireless users though google apps.  Any ideas?

I don't think that is possible.. you would have to know the users google account.  Anyway's... wireless is separate and if the students are on the domain, just use PEAP or machine authentication and allow the Chrome books to logon to the network first.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card