cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Activating license on SSO-cluster

bvj197222
Level 1
Level 1

I have uploaded the License-file to the SSO-cluster (WLC5508), but I am unable to activate it (see encl). It's the primary node that is active, and I have rebooted the cluster. Also, the Licenses are not identical on the secondary node (see encl). Please advise.

4 Replies 4

Hi @bvj197222

What is missing on the secondary is that one you didn´t activated yet.  To do that, go to the MANAGEMENT tab, license, click on the license you need to activate and "License Status " change the status.

After that, reboot the WLC and you should see this on both WLC. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

The problem is that the 100 License that I'm unable to activate on the primary is activated on the secondary (see encl). When I switch over to primary then the 100 shows as inactive, and there's no way to activate it. Also, as you can see, the 150 License on the primary is not shown on the secondary when I switch over.

From your first print there was no 100 license on secondary. And on primary it was inactive.

This print you send now, it is not possible to see which one it is.

But, as I said, to activate the license, change the license status and accept the eula.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Problem solved. It was the wrong License-type. License can only be activated and installed on the primary. I got a New License from Cisco.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card