cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a .lic file to a 2504

Eric Kemsley
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot for the life of me get the license file to upload. I purchased 25 more licenses.

Download and install tftp and put the license file in C:\Program Files\Tftpd64

But no matter what path I put in Mangagment>Software Activation>Commands, it fails.

Can someone help a guy out?

TIA

Eric

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

So I put in tftp://10.1.1.9// and it starts, but says no reply from tftp server. It is running

View solution in original post

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lets try one thing. Try to tftp your configuration to your tftp server. See if you are able to or not. Then if it was successful , see where the file was placed. Then you will know where to place the license file.

Makes sense?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

You did follow the correct procedure for registering the Lic with Cisco, etc?

When it comes to upload to a WLC, I tend to just put the file in my TFTP Root folder, and on the WLC just use "/" as the directory... The only time this doesn't work is when there's a FW or ACL in the way!

I did follow it and the file was emailed to me.

The / did not work. no acl or firewall. the file is in the root of the tftp folder

So I put in tftp://10.1.1.9// and it starts, but says no reply from tftp server. It is running

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lets try one thing. Try to tftp your configuration to your tftp server. See if you are able to or not. Then if it was successful , see where the file was placed. Then you will know where to place the license file.

Makes sense?

-Scott

THat made sense, but I still get "No response from the tftp server". THis is tftp32, I have the window open for the program so that means it is running, right?

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Eric,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO INSTALL LICENSE FILE

1. Install Cisco WCS software if not already completed.

2. Save the license file (.lic) to a temporary directory on your hard drive. (You will receive an email from Cisco with an attached license file).

3. Open a supported version of the Internet Explorer browser.

4. In the location or address field, enter the following URL, replacing IP address with the IP address or host name of the Cisco WCS server: https: // .

5. Log in to the Cisco WCS server as system administrator. (Be aware that usernames and passwords are case-sensitive.).

6. From the Help menu select Licensing.

7. On the Licensing page, from the command menu select Add License....

8. On the Add License page, click Browse to navigate to the location where you saved the .lic file.

9. Click Download. The Cisco WCS server imports the license.

Hope this will help you.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Abhishek,

The question is how to add a license to a WLC 2504 not a license in WCS.

-Scott

Turned the windows firewall off on the server and it download the file to the directory. BUt it stil won't add the license file. Getting the error "Tftp transfer is failed. Check server IP, file path, name and permission"

You can try by CLI:

>license install tftp://10.1.1.9/./PSJ163102KU_201305221218268060.lic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card