cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding two AP to a WLC over ethernet

key_tone_9926
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking to cover another building, which is out of range of the existing building with the exiting Cisco aironet 1562i AP's. The new wireless network would be connecting to the existing layer 3 switch network in Building 1, I wanted to see if I would be able to connect up 2 new Cisco aironet 1562i in to the new building 2 via the ethernet connection to the WLC in Building 1 or will it need to be in radio rage of the exiting network for it to join the WLC.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Any AP can connect to any wlc as long as it has connectivity to join that wlc. So yes you can connect any AP via Ethernet as long as you meet those requirements. For MESH, you would need line of sight and be able to negotiate a link.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have ethernet connection from Buiding 1 to buidling 2 then use it  and connect AP so that AP can join to WLC.

Regards

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You're talking about a point-to-point wireless bridge.
That will depend entirely on the firmware of the WLC. Point-to-point wireless bridge is supported on 1562 running 8.8.X.X firmware.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Any AP can connect to any wlc as long as it has connectivity to join that wlc. So yes you can connect any AP via Ethernet as long as you meet those requirements. For MESH, you would need line of sight and be able to negotiate a link.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card