cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin State option when creating a new WLAN on Mobility Express

dennis
Level 1
Level 1

We have three Aironet 2802i, where one of them is running Mobility Express.  (One of them seems to have hardware issues so we are getting one replaced, but that's a different story..)

When configuring a new WLAN on a Mobility Express, what is 'Admin State' for?  I haven't been able to find on the ME User Guide what that actually means.

Also, is there any documentation on running ME on a 2800's?

thanks,

Dennis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

WiFi Trainers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dennis,

The 'Admin state' config option is used to enable/disable the WLAN. Keeping it as 'Enabled' will cause the SSID to be pushed to all the AP's and broadcasted.

Can you let us know what specific documentation are you looking for wrt ME on 2800?

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

Learn from the Best To be the Best!

Join us on LinkedIn to get access to our free tech-talks and training resources!!!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

WiFi Trainers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dennis,

The 'Admin state' config option is used to enable/disable the WLAN. Keeping it as 'Enabled' will cause the SSID to be pushed to all the AP's and broadcasted.

Can you let us know what specific documentation are you looking for wrt ME on 2800?

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

Join us on LinkedIn to get access to our free tech-talks and training resources!!!

Hi, thanks.

Regarding ME 2800 documentation, I want to know which software version I should be running, why I am getting following messages when I am connecting the Aironet 2802i to SG300-28PP 28-Port Gigabit PoE+ switch.  Aironet 2800 series getting started guide mentions "Any 802.3at (25.5 W) compliant switch port", and SG300-28PP seems to be compliant.

[*09/26/2016 13:47:31.8044] Radio0 not started, not enough POE power
[*09/26/2016 13:47:31.8173] DOT11_DRV[0]: set_channel Channel set to 11
[*09/26/2016 13:47:33.0109] DOT11_DRV[1]: set_channel Channel set to 36
[*09/26/2016 13:47:33.6506] Radio1 not started, not enough POE power
Also, I see some issues of joining a guest network that I just setup on the Aironet 2802i ME.. and I was hoping to find out more about that.  (Or I guess I could post those items as separate questions.. ok I'll just do that. thanks.)

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for sharing. We are in the process of creating documentation on the Mobility express and 3800/2800/1850 AP troubleshooting and debugging utilities. We are looking for suggestions on what users would like to see :).

With regards to software version below document has explanation on the codes available and what they mean:

http://wifitrainers.com/2016/09/18/converting-a-38022802-ap-from-capwap-mode-to-mobility-express-mode-and-vice-versa/

If you are looking for what is the best available code then the latest 8.2 escalation release seems to be the way to go. You can open a TAC case to get access to it.

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

We have Cisco AireOS Version 8.3.102.0 running on one of the 2802i that's acting as ME controller.  So we need to downgrade to 8.2 ?

thanks for your help,

Dennis 

Hi Dennis,

There is currently no 8.2 release for a 2800 when acting as ME. You may need to wait till the next 8.3 MR release is out.

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

Ok thanks. will do

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card