Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR AP-2802I initial setup problem

ZephyrWu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just received 30+ AIR-AP2802I-H-K9 access points today and need to setup within these few days .

First I searched on google ,fortunately I found some videos that show how to setup the access point in few minutes .

The flow is very simple ,just power on it ,connect to default SSID on iPad ,enter the setup GUI and input information .

After connected one access point to the PoE injector and powered on ,it jammed .

I could not find the default SSID "CiscoAirProvision" ,and red/green LED blinked continuously .

The PoE injector model is MA-INJ-4 with 55V/0.6A power output ,it should be no problem for PoE+ requirement .

There is no wireless controller in my company LAN ,all access points are set to working independently .

Is there anything I should do but did not ?

Thanks .

7 Replies 7

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I had faced the same issue a few days ago. Can you check your country code which you are selecting during the setup? Does your AP is compatible with that country code? Try to reset the AP and setup again with your home country code (it is Govt rule for Compliance).

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for reply .

How can I know the country code ?The model is AIR-AP2802I-H-K9 ,is "H" the country code ?

BTW ,I just got information from my friend .He said the last code K9 means it must work with WLC .

If it is true I have to contact my dealer as soon as possible .

Thanks .

AIR-AP2802I-H-K9 -->  its for China.

More info heer: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

paste the output of the command from AP: sh version

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

This is correct, AIR-AP2802I-H-K9 means it requires a controller. You require at least one AP with AIR-AP2802I-H-K9C (the C stands for built-in mobility express controller). All other APs require a mobility express image. Depending on the preinstalled version they might already have one, but probably not. I suggest you replace them all with the correct AIR-AP2802I-H-K9C models.
See here for more information:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8_chapter_01.html#task_A871BE3C97AF41328979F0271486D49F

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Mobility express deployment guide is here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/b_Cisco_Mobility_Express_Deployment_Guide/b_Cisco_Mobility_Express_Deployment_Guide_chapter_010.html

Make sure you are running the mobility express image, you will probably need a support contract to download the image from Cisco.com if you don't have it.

Are you in China? That AP is a China country code AP

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you guys ,the information is very helpful to me .

I'm in Taiwan not China ,it looks like I have to contact my dealer and return this access points .

If you are using this device in Taiwan then you should use "2802I-T-K9" domain.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card