Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1832i-E-K9C is dual-band or dual-radio

albertofdez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I had thought that the air-ap1832i-e-k9c model was a dual-band device, but I have seen in the datasheet that it speaks of dual-radio, do you know if this model is dual-radio?

If it is dual-radio, why does it appear at 0 in the Access Point Summary?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the controller says of "dual-band" it is talking about APs that can support Flexible Radio Assignment.  

APs like the 2800, 3800, 4800, the new Catalyst 91XX APs support "dual-radio":  When operating normally, the AP presents with one 2.4 Ghz and one 5.0 Ghz. 

The 2.4 Ghz is a "dual-band" because there is another micro-5.0 Ghz.  If FRA is enabled and the 2.4 Ghz is congested, the WLC turns off the 2.4 Ghz and enables the micro-5.0 Ghz radio.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the controller says of "dual-band" it is talking about APs that can support Flexible Radio Assignment.  

APs like the 2800, 3800, 4800, the new Catalyst 91XX APs support "dual-radio":  When operating normally, the AP presents with one 2.4 Ghz and one 5.0 Ghz. 

The 2.4 Ghz is a "dual-band" because there is another micro-5.0 Ghz.  If FRA is enabled and the 2.4 Ghz is congested, the WLC turns off the 2.4 Ghz and enables the micro-5.0 Ghz radio.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the information, I understand then that the AIR-AP1832i-E-K9C model is dual-band and does not support dual-radio.

Regards.

I do not use AP1800 so I cannot determine (without looking at the confusing Data Sheet) if this model supports the 5.0-micro radio or not.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card