cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP1602E-A-K9 includes antenna as well.

Hi,

If i order AIR-CAP1602E-A-K9 shipset, does that include external antenna as well? . or i need to order the antennas separately.

thanks,

ramesh

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The model of the AP you've ordered, ending with an "E", means the AP has External antennas.  Because of the different varieties of External antennas, you need to order them separately.  

I just received my first new AIR-SAP1602E-A-K9.  The antenna RP-TNC connectors indicate "Dual Band".  Is it a requirement to install a dual band antenna, or can a 2.4 GHz antenna (air-ant2506) be connected to one connector and a 5 GHz antenna (air-ant5160v-r) be installed on another?

Where would I find a list of compatible antennas?

Ideally, you want a dual-band antennas and it's mandatory to install all four of them.  

If you have a single-band antenna, you can use it (still install all four) but disable the band which is not supported on the antenna.  For example, if you have four single-band 2.4 Ghz antenna, you disable 802.11a radio. 

It is NOT recommend to use a mix of 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz single-band antenna.  

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, ramessecurity. Leo is correct, the AIR-CAP1602E-A-K9 are antenna compatible. However, the actual antenna is still sold separately from this part number. What are your requirements for the antenna? (omni directional, dbi). Let me know, so I can check a specific model for you.  If you have additional concerns, feel free to send me an e-mail (adawa@cisco.com). Kind regards. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card