Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP2602I-E-K9 ERROR!!! Command is disabled

Hi,

I'm configuring AIR-CAP2602I-E-K9 out of the box, literally, and I want to configure it with a static address. I paste in the following commands.

lwapp ap hostname My2602IAP

!

lwapp ap ip address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 255.255.255.0

!

lwapp ap ip default-gateway XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

!

lwapp ap controller ip address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

After the hostname line is pasted in I get "ERROR!!! Command is disabled" but the rest of the commands are accepted.

I do a sh capwap ip config and the get the output below which looks like that config has been taken but why not my hostname???

LWAPP Static IP Configuration

IP Address         XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.

IP netmask         255.255.255.0 

Default Gateway   XX.XXX.XXX.XXX 1  

Primary Controller XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.

I know or hoping that the APs will contact the wireless controller since I've the ip in there for it. It just means I'll be renaming all the APs, all 18 of them!

Any ideas

Anthony

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thats because the AP has joined a WLC.  You can clear everything by doing the following:

debug capwap console cli

erase /all nvram

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

I've had that issue before when i did have the AP in place somewhere else and i was reconfiguring it. But this time as i mentioned in my post i've opened a new box of  2600 APs and powered it up, using a power supply not PoE, consoled into it and pasted those commands.

And i'm getting the AIR-CAP2602I-E-K9 ERROR!!! Command is disabled. Surely they should never have been on a WLC before?

rgds

Anthony

Well... when you get that error, it usually means it has joined a WLC.  could it of joined the WLC you have and then just having issues joining again?  Just clear everything and you will be able to set the ip address etc...

I think you need to be using the capwap command not the lwapp.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I appreciate Scott that normally then that error appears it is the case that ap has already joined the WLC but it certainly isn't the case here as there's not network connectivity to it. I'm just consoled in and have it powered up with a standalone power supply.

I did try the capwap ap hostname command and still got the same error msg.

The rest of the config is taken so as i said i do believe it will join the WLC. Its just for some reason it doesn't seem to want to take naming command for the ap which means i'll have to change the name for each one on NCS.

Rgds

Anthony

Out of the box, you really don't need to have any intervention with the WAP.  All you need is the following:

1.  Put the WAP in the same subnet as the WLC; or

2.  The WAP subnet should be able to ping the WLC subnet

Make sure the WLC is running 7.3.X firmware.

Hi leolaohoo,

We use static ip's for our APs that's the way we've always done it. It the naming of the AP is problem as I mentioned above the rest of the config is taken so i' believe they'll join the controller but i'll be left with renaming them all later which is a bit of a pain!

rgds

Anthony

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card