Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-LAP1141N-E-K9 in standalone

Hi,

Can you tell me please if a  AIR-LAP1141N-E-K9 can be configured in stand alone mode, without any controler.

In the datasheet :

• AIR-LAP1141N-x-K9 - Single-band Controller-based 802.11g/n

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you can!! But first thing is to convert the LWAPP tp IOS... can be done using below doc written by me..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14960

Then use the below link to configure the device..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_21a_JA1/configuration/guide/scg12421aJA1-chap1-overview.html

Please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Good evening guys,

Apologies for reactivating an old post however the link to the cisco image in your document Surendra is no longer valid, would it be possible to get a current one?

Many Thanks

John

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the really quick reply mate, the Autonomous AP IOS Software on the Cisco site is locked and requires a Cisco service account.  Does that mean that as a private customer I am not going to be able to get hold of it?  So do I just need to return the AP?

Thanks

John

That is correct. You need a maintenance contract to access the downloads.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Fair enough, thank you for the info mate

No problem. Many vendors work this way.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

1.  Talk to your re-seller and politely ask them if they can furnish you with the autonomous IOS.  In some cases, they have access to download the software.  All you need to do is provide the re-seller the version number of the IOS you want.  A note of caution:  Do not attempt to run 15.X autonomous IOS and stick with 12.4.

2.  It is worthwhile to get a valid Service Contract because if you have an 802.11n (except some 1250), your AP will automatically be covered with Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty.  This means that if your AP should fail, you can get it replaced after 10 business days. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card