Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-PWRINJ-30= instead of AIR-PWRINJ4=

Hello All,

We have ordered AIR-PWRINJ-30= instead of AIR-PWRINJ4= for a customer for 2702i APs. Both are showing 30w output.

My question is Can the AIR-PWRINJ-30= be used instead of AIR-PWRINJ4= for the 2702i APs. On the face of it - they seem to be working fine and I am not seeing any radios down. Will I lose any functionality?

Incidentally AIR-PWRINJ6= is the replacement model for both models.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-antennas-accessories/eos-eol-notice-c51-737338.html

Thanks/DP

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

I dont see any reason why you can not. Output is output. 

******************************************************************************

HTH

Please rate helpful post! 

www.my80211.com - Blog by a WiFi engineer for WiFi engineers

www.wifitraining.com/about-wifi/ - WiFi Training by hands on WiFi Engineers, Experts and Cisco Wireless VIPs

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

d.friday
Level 4
Level 4

Durga,

You should be fine, I've included a break down of power injectors Cisco provided at Cisco Live this year

The 2702 AP requires only 15w of power to run and the AIR-PWRINJ-30 will supply up to 30w of power.

-
AIR-PWRIN 2 & 3 PRE-802.11N APS

AIR-PWRIN4 802.3af (15.4W) and pre standard (30W) Designed for .11n and .11ac Wave1 indoor Enterprise APs
-
AIR-PWRIN5 802.3af (15.4W) low cost injector Designed for Access Points that use 15W or less

AIR-PWRIN6  802.3af (15.4W) & 802.3at (30W) injector Designed for all current Enterprise .11n, .11ac Wave1 and Wave 2

AIR-PWRINJ6 is recommended for all newer Enterprise indoor
Access Points (replaces earlier injectors) for most applications

*** Please rate if you find this info helpful

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No loss of functionality, as it provide the same output.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card